Honda ST1100 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1100...

Flashing brake lights.

(1/3) > >>

Jdbiker:
Just wondering whether flashing brake lights were legal. Got some led lights from MCL which can be connected to flash when brakes are applied, was hoping somebody might know🤓.

Brock:
I believe thay can only flash 3 - 5 times ant then must be solid

Jdbiker:
Thanks Sir Brock, might just connect so it's solid  :like

ST2UP:
The answer to that may be state specific  :think1

However I will throw my hand up and say I have my MCL brake lights flashing under the topbox....and I'm not likely to change them to non flashing as they work so well.  ;-*

:beer

JuST Peter:
https://kisantech.com/mag/tailblazer/100hd.html
I imported these when I was in business, with the argument that as they were on from the time the brakes were applied, they were legal. What they actually did was to modulate the brake light itself. In other words they would dim down then back to bright rapidly for 2-3 seconds before going solid red.
The thinking behind this was it was an attention grabber the same as headlight modulators - which are 100% legal in Australia I might add.
Blinking red brake lights aren't legal as they can appear to mirror emergency vehicles and the cops take a dim view of people copying them.

The example link above relates to a unit wired directly into your brake wire - there are others which have the modulator built into the back of replacement tail/brake light bulbs.

Incidentally the 100HD was the only one suitable for ST1300.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version