Welcome - Getting started & FAQs - Read Here First... > Introduce Yourself & Your Bike

Newbie to ozstoc

(1/3) > >>

Bogledirken:
Hi All ,lm Bogle from Guyra and I've bought my 1990 st 110 about six months ago, my wife and I are just doing local rides at the moment and are really enjoying being back on the bikes after 20 yr break, l do have one question though, the clutch reservoir has been low since I bought the bike, is it okay to top it up or do I need to bleed the whole system, thanks Bigle

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Bogledirken on December 05, 2023, 09:49:16 AM ---Hi All ,lm Bogle from Guyra and I've bought my 1990 st 110 about six months ago, my wife and I are just doing local rides at the moment and are really enjoying being back on the bikes after 20 yr break, l do have one question though, the clutch reservoir has been low since I bought the bike, is it okay to top it up or do I need to bleed the whole system, thanks Bigle

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Forum from Greensborough VIC. 

Guyra aye?  You're at Ground Zero, not far from many years experience and some expert advice.  Until someone else pipes-up, top-up the reservoir (it can't hurt), but longer term probably worthwhile a full bleed and replacing old with new fluid.

And for those that may have missed earlier posts re. the NatRally 2024, here's a reminder: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=15194.0

And here: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=15196.0

Shiney:
G'day Bogledirken, congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum :hatwave

As long as there is enough fluid in the reservoir to stop it from sucking down air into the system, topping it up is fine :thumbsup
Just make sure to do a flush with new fluid next time you service it.

Wild Rose:
Welcome Bogledirken to OzSTOC from Toowoomba in Queensland  :hatwave
Enjoy your ST1100  :thumbs Enjoy the Forum  :thumbsup
 :beer

Jdbiker:
A big welcome Boglederkin :hatwave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version