Welcome - Getting started & FAQs - Read Here First... > Introduce Yourself & Your Bike

New owner, north Central Victoria

<< < (2/7) > >>

ppopeye:

Quote from: prricey on March 04, 2024, 02:38:24 PMThanks Williamson. Yes, the Alexandra next to Mansfield. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend or I'd be all over the rally.

I have been looking at the fjr1300 screen mechanism and I think it could be made to fit. It is much more solid. I used to own an FJR and stupidly assumed my ST would have an operational screen. I'll let you know how I get on.

Welcome and shame you have to work. If you have any time at all that weekend drop in and say hi.  Look  forward to meeting you.

Shiney:
G'day prricey, welcome to the forum :hatwave
Congrats on the ST :thumbsup

Gerard & Sandra:
prricey
Welcome from near Toowoomba Qld
Rgds
GB

prricey:
Thanks for the welcomes all

Bit the bullet and have installed a laminar lip. Sensational bit of kit. Now have a winter setting with the lip on and screen in the full up. And a summer setting with small brackets at the bottom of the screen, tipping it back slightly. Still in the tall position. Plenty of air in that setting.

Whilst not perfect, this set up will do me fine. The laminar lip one inch or so higher than the leading edge of the screen puts the air over my helmet cleanly. Only a hint of turbulence if I'm following a car or have a sideways wind. I can live with that.

Have just ticked over 5,500kms commuting in 2 months. Just loving the bike.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

prricey:
Started with tyre changes today. The Michelin gt road 5s had done 17,000kms and were just touching down on the wear bars. As it's my commuter (twice a week) I didn't want to run them too low.

Got some Dunlop road smart 4s to try and got the pair delivered for $500. Which is $200 cheaper than Michelin pilot 6s. The k1600 guys love the Dunlop's so thought I'd give them a try.

As they don't have any gt road 5s in the country I thought I'd try something new.

Watched a video as it was the first time changing road tyres. I've changed heaps of dual sport tubed tyres but never a tubeless and never a radial.

Front tyre went on easier than some push bike tyres! Was awesome. I bought some proper tyre paste (so not using silicon spray or soap to lube) and it was a revelation. Used my 1 long Michelin and 2 short levers and it was a doddle. I was peaking beforehand. So glad it wasn't hard.

The bead popped on at only 40psi. I reckon   the tyre bead paste is the reason. Will balance it later this Arvo.

Next I will tackle the rear tonight after tea. I reckon that might be a bit trickier.

Found a few drops of coolant under the bike today. Hoping it's just overflow. Have read up on the round and square hole and will investigate over the weekend when I service it.

A service and new tyres! Happy birthday Terrence!

2002 ST named Terrence (after the angry birds movie character)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version