Author Topic: What ever happened to this invention?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
What ever happened to this invention?
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2wG90QlZSU

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: What ever happened to this invention?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »
The TV comment says he's developing engines that run on petrol and water.  Why bother with the petrol aspect if water is all that's needed?

HHO?  Presumably a brand name, since it's essentially another way of writing H2O.

Sadly, these things always disappear in a cloud of conspiracy claims that the petroleum industry has bought the rights, and will release it when they run out of petrol to sell.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »
A flame that is hot enough to melt steel, but instantly won't destroy flesh.  What kind of mad physics is that?
He is shown pouring a clear liquid into a tank, supposedly somehow related to the supply of energy to the welding tip.  Show me him pouring water into a gas cylinder and pressurising it to flow down the line to the tip.  What process creates HHO?  From the demo you'd have to deduce the hydrogen and oxygen gases are present together in the tank, but only recombine on combustion.  Yep- that's hydrogen power.  Been around for a while.
Maybe you could step away from the computer for a couple of hours and help OzSTOC get the formula, Marcus!    :thumbsup
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:18:21 PM »
to separate the HH and th O is easy, just takes a few volts. The problem lies with producing enough to be useful. Its a Very slow process, so unless the unit has been running for a few hours, and contains a compressor to store the gasses produced  with enough pressure to produce a hot flame for the time needed to cut or weld, then its not practical.

Also the energy required to make usable quantities is pretty high, (you need a mains supply, and regulated voltage supply) so the costs start to mount.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
And here I was about to put on my tin-foil hat, grab my pitchfork and start screaming "Conspiracy" at the nearest oil company...

Edit***

Just found this.
http://www.talkingelectronics.com/FrameworkPages/Run%20Your%20Car%20On%20Water.pdf

Edit edit **** Apparently this guy was full of doodoo
Like Brock said it's called Brown Gas or something like that and it does take more energy to create it so isn't worth the trouble.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/gas-mileage/4276846

I do like the concept though

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:44:46 PM by Marcus »

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »
 :wht11 py
Brown Gas
I have a tendancy to make quite a lot that during myself.....
Just havnt found a way to bottle it yet.
thinking to ones self better use stainless glass might dissolve.

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Online West Aussie Glen

• old fart
  • Willetton, Perth
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »
This is a similar concept

http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/

I have an old L300 4WD drive that has had the original 1800 cc engine replaced with a 2600 cc engine it is great, performs well and goes any where but is thirsty.
I have purchased one of these kits and hopefully shall install it early next. I have spoken to two people who have use this idea and they were getting some good results.

Search for "Joe Cell" on google for some more reading. Remember people once thought the world was flat and it is only 100 years ago that no one thought we could fly let alone fly to the moon.
Glen
Sold
1948 James 98cc 2 Speed, 1969 Suzuki A100-2
1970 Suzuki T250 Hustler, Honda CL100
Yamaha RD250C, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ250
BMW K75S, 78 Yamaha XS11
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, 88 GL1500
99 SE GL1500
In the shed
85 Kawasaki LTD250
88 GL1500 Outfit
08 ST1300
2013 GL1800
2013 GL1800 Outfit

Offline pault

• ST
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
mr joe cell lives in north NSW  there have a been a few cars running round for years, biggest problem was getting water clean and "clean" canisters for energy.  a lot of experimenters gave up with the time and energy needed. the man himself kept quiet and out of sight to avoid the "authorities"
well that's what i heard from those working on the units. there have been a few commercially available units around but would need work.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
This is a similar concept
http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/

I have an old L300 4WD drive that has had the original 1800 cc engine replaced with a 2600 cc engine it is great, performs well and goes any where but is thirsty.
I have purchased one of these kits and hopefully shall install it early next. I have spoken to two people who have use this idea and they were getting some good results.

The claimed figures are impressive:

http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/HHO_mileage_results.php