Author Topic: ST1300 wreck - donor for spares if anyone is after something  (Read 5870 times)

atoyot

ST1300 wreck - donor for spares if anyone is after something
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
If anyone here is looking for spares for their ST1300, I bought my wrecked 03 back from the insurance company, with the intent of grabbing some of the bits and farkles I'd recently put on the bike back off it for future use.

Without going into too much detail, it is Ambassador Red; the fuel tank, triple tree, screen, dash top LH mirror/blinker are stuffed, but most other parts are available to anyone who needs bits. Motor is still running, with 42000k's on it, and I've also got a few spares now that I won't use. RH pannier is a bit scratched, top box is now scratched (I dropped it when storing it), but I've got a few spare rider seats, a couple of pillion seats, 2 brand new panniers that I never got around to fitting, RH blinker/mirror housing and maybe a black and silver Corbin seat (still working out whether I'll keep it or the Sargent that came with the replacement - thanks Tony!). K&N filter, headlight protector, rad guard are other bits available off the top of my head. :think1 The only bit I might keep now that I think of it is the screen motor and brackets etc.

I only paid $1800 for the wreck, so I'm not out to make a profit on this, but I don't really want to separate major parts that go together, ie the engine. But if anyone needs any bits that are too expensive to buy new, let me know and I'll soon tell you if I can help. Nominate your own prices and means of picking up etc, and I'll do what I can! Just PM me or respond to this thread.

Happy to swap bits for a Calsci screen, the tallest one if anyone wants to get rid of one. :rd13

Offline ST.George

• ST.George and his ST1300 Red Dragon (Wyvern)
  • Legendary Member
  • DIY not DYI(Do Yourself In) "The Gong"Southern NSW
Re: ST1300 wreck - donor for spares if anyone is after something
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:55:34 AM »
Hi Andrew,

How's your recovery going - back riding yet? R u going 2 Ballarat? At this stage I intend 2 go. U could meet up with JohnnyYTED and me somewhere if travel dates and times coincide.

Definitely interested in the rear suspension coz my adjustment system has always been seized and is stuck in the hardest setting. It's not a big problem coz the hardest setting is not uncomfortable and is the preferred setting when I have a pillion but I would like the option of adjustment. I know yours works coz we tested it once.

Will call u in the next cupla days about the suspension and a cupla other ideas I want 2 run past u.
BTW - this is only a joke - but wouldn't n ST donk make the most amazing go-cart engine?  :hatwave
A "slight" case of overkill and a waste not 2 use it in a MC tho.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:58:54 AM by ST.George »
:beer Cheers :beer Gregory
:rd13   Best Bred is Red   :rd13
"Spock - there's a black hole on the other side of Uranus".
"Illogical Captain".
I think I might be indecisive, I'm not sure, maybe - maybe not.
Yamaha TX500; Yamaha DT360; BMW 650 Boxer; 2003 ST1300 Red Dragon

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »
.... BTW - this is only a joke - but wouldn't n ST donk make the most amazing go-cart engine? 

When I was selling my CB1300 I had a guy come at look it - just for the motor.  He said he was gunna put it in a Kart.  He was serious, sent me a YouTube link to something like Big Bore Karts in the US, I'll see if I can find it.   He wanted to do something like that in Oz.  There are some crazy guys out there ..........
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:39:03 AM »
JZR on here runs an ST1100 motor in a three wheeler, a UK company produces the kit. It sure goes!
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

atoyot

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
I saw a vid yesterday of a nutter with a Gixxer motor in a gokart. Flogged a race prepped Dodge Viper off the line, but had a few handling problems that weren't sorted out. Kept on spinning out whilst smoking the rear tyres! I've never seen a cart powered by a shaft drive motor, but they'd have to better than using a chain. Probably just take more engineering to get it right.

John, I've seen that Blue 1100 three wheeler at a bike show at Bathurst, and it is pretty cool! Be even better with a 1300 in it. He must live somewhere around the Lithgow area cause he was at the Blackheath AGM so I'm told.

I've been kicking the motor over every month or so, just to keep it in running condition, so I probably should video it running before I start getting rid of bits that it needs to run.

Andrew

atoyot

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »
Hi Andrew,

How's your recovery going - back riding yet? R u going 2 Ballarat? At this stage I intend 2 go. U could meet up with JohnnyYTED and me somewhere if travel dates and times coincide.

Definitely interested in the rear suspension coz my adjustment system has always been seized and is stuck in the hardest setting. It's not a big problem coz the hardest setting is not uncomfortable and is the preferred setting when I have a pillion but I would like the option of adjustment. I know yours works coz we tested it once.

Will call u in the next cupla days about the suspension and a cupla other ideas I want 2 run past u.
BTW - this is only a joke - but wouldn't n ST donk make the most amazing go-cart engine?  :hatwave
A "slight" case of overkill and a waste not 2 use it in a MC tho.

Hi Gregory, actually you just reminded me, I've actually got a couple of rear shocks that Tony had included with his ST when he sold it to Bob, which since passed over to me. I think there's a standard one, and a reworked standard one, but if your preload adjuster is seized up, it's a very easy fix. I reckon it could easily be done at Ballarat, so should see you there. As of before I bought 3 more bikes in Qld the other day, Lindy was coming with me, but now.... Is Therese going to brave the rear seat with you? If you tell her that Lindy is coming, I can tell Lindy that Therese is coming as well, so they're both more likely to go :rofl

I've only ridden some short distances so far, as I'm finding out that in older age, my bones are somehow all connected together (how's that song go...) and my posterior ribs are still creating havoc with my back, etc etc.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:23:49 AM by atoyot »

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
Andrew, JZR lives just out of Orange. He was indeed at Blackheath.  Reminds me that I should contact him to organise a visit.

I saw a vid yesterday of a nutter with a Gixxer motor in a gokart. Flogged a race prepped Dodge Viper off the line, but had a few handling problems that weren't sorted out. Kept on spinning out whilst smoking the rear tyres! I've never seen a cart powered by a shaft drive motor, but they'd have to better than using a chain. Probably just take more engineering to get it right.

John, I've seen that Blue 1100 three wheeler at a bike show at Bathurst, and it is pretty cool! Be even better with a 1300 in it. He must live somewhere around the Lithgow area cause he was at the Blackheath AGM so I'm told.

I've been kicking the motor over every month or so, just to keep it in running condition, so I probably should video it running before I start getting rid of bits that it needs to run.

Andrew
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

atoyot

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:27:43 AM »
Andrew, JZR lives just out of Orange. He was indeed at Blackheath.  Reminds me that I should contact him to organise a visit.

Hi John, give me a yell when you do. If you ever need a bed up this way, there's one available here.

I also should add that anyone after any bits, I'm still intending to go to the AGM and I've got a trailer that I don't need to bring but can. Not sure about the engine if anyone wants that tho.....

Offline Abe

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • 4D Gang Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
Andrew, do you have a price for the bike "as is", someone may just buy the lot off you,  :think1
At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

atoyot

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
Ahhhh, nope? I hadn't even thought about that.....if anyone does want the lot, the lot is getting smaller every day, and not just because people want parts, but me. Having spares on hand like this has it's problems. I drop a bolt and can't find it straight away, I just go down under the house and grab a spare! Actually only done it once or twice, but it's great to have the option.

Back to your question, if anyone wants it, they'll need to be aware of what bits are gone, and it'll go to the first person above say $1500?? Mobile is 0490070182 for anyone interested and we can discuss bits and price.

Just remembered I've got Staintune mufflers, but the RH side one has some small scuff marks/scratches, otherwise in good nick with baffles.

Offline West Aussie Glen

• old fart
  • Willetton, Perth
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »
Andrew,
I am interested in the centre stand and maybe a set of seats. For a long time I have thought about doing a mod to my centre stand to make it easier to use. I live in Perth but am regularly in Sydney to see my mum so could easily come for a run to Orange to pick anything up. This would also apply to anything that anybody else from Perth wanted.
Will you pm me your phone number and I will ring you.

edit - Just saw your number above so will call you tonight.
Glen
Sold
1948 James 98cc 2 Speed, 1969 Suzuki A100-2
1970 Suzuki T250 Hustler, Honda CL100
Yamaha RD250C, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ250
BMW K75S, 78 Yamaha XS11
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, 88 GL1500
99 SE GL1500
In the shed
85 Kawasaki LTD250
88 GL1500 Outfit
08 ST1300
2013 GL1800
2013 GL1800 Outfit

Offline winston66

• Legendary Member
  • 1996 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ13, 2003 ST 1300,others
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »
PM. sent
Winton 66
winston66 Northampton
Ulysses #56870
Current Rides,
1996 Yamaha XVZ 1300 Royal Star,
2003 ST 1300 A (red)
Mazda Miata MX5 Turboed 14 sec.
2006 ST 1300 ABS Ex Police (white)
Honda CT 110 Postie, (Being rebuilt)

atoyot

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Thanks to all interested parties. I'm doing up a spreadsheet now of bits that members are after, and I'll get back to you all shortly about when, how etc. :CB--

Still plenty of bits left, and I'll probably be driving up to the Sunshine Coast on the weekend of 1-2 March, so any Qld members want anything, I can get it up there for starters. Not going through Brisbane though.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:28:06 PM by atoyot »

Offline Me_3

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • ST Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
I might be interested in a set of seats.. do you have any left?

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »
Anyone wishing to change their gauges to a different colour might be able use the set off of this bike.

Send this set off, get it upgraded, replace the set in your bike and then there's another set that can be used by some one else. Just a thought.

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=1247.msg11240#msg11240

http://www.bluegauges.com/motorcycle/st1300.htm
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
Anyone wishing to change their gauges to a different colour might be able use the set off of this bike.

Send this set off, get it upgraded, replace the set in your bike and then there's another set that can be used by some one else. Just a thought.

That is an AWESOME idea :thumbsup :thumbs :clap
I'm very interested in doing that, what say you atoyot?
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

atoyot

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »

I've definitely got a riders seat left, but not sure about another pillion. Can let you know when confirmed or not by someone else for a set, probably in a few weeks but maybe sooner.

Andrew

atoyot

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »

That is an AWESOME idea :thumbsup :thumbs :clap
I'm very interested in doing that, what say you atoyot?

Yep; sounds good to me. The only thing that may or may not be an issue is that my bike isn't an ABS model, so not sure about the ABS indicator light. It's got 42000k's on the clock, FYI. Looks like I've got a bit of dismantling to do now! :grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:54:45 AM by atoyot »

Offline Me_3

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • ST Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 05:00:45 PM »

I've definitely got a riders seat left, but not sure about another pillion. Can let you know when confirmed or not by someone else for a set, probably in a few weeks but maybe sooner.

Andrew

Thanks, no rush.. I was thinking of getting mine modified & recovered, but didn't want the downtime as I use the bike daily...  I'll get it done one day :)

Ben

Offline cravenhaven

• Coomba Bay, NSW
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Do you still have any parts available. I sent a PM but no reply as yet. I'm after the RHS mirror cowl.

Thanks
Allan