OzSTOC Events National & Local > VICTORIA

VIC RTE Suggestions 2024

<< < (2/3) > >>

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Bodø on October 03, 2023, 07:07:16 PM ---I started suggesting Mildura for five or six years ago.  Balranald RTE's have always been good.  Should I create a similar thread in NSW? 

--- End quote ---

That was the thrust of this thread http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=14604.0 .

That thread seemed to have died out once a date was nominated, and looks like I didn't move on it.  Anyways, the date has now been taken over by the 2024 NatRally at Mansfield, it might need to be put off to later.  There's some discussion about times not suitable, those principles still apply.

Also, there's a few of us VIC's planning a ride up to Darwin, across to Cairns and home in July - August, may not be wanting any other big rides in 2024.

Might get Brock to see if he can merge the two threads into the earlier one.  Let's see if he's awake.

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on October 03, 2023, 06:37:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Williamson on October 02, 2023, 05:23:51 PM --- Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

--- End quote ---

While these might be a good ride, Mildura (which would also entice a few of us) would be even further. It might be good for an overnight or long weekend though.

--- End quote ---

I rode to Mildura (on the way to the Worlds End Rally back in the late 80s) and found the trip so boring I've never been in a hurry to ride that way again!
I feel the same about much of the western district of Victoria so riding to an RTE over in that neck of the woods doesn't excite me at all...
Guess I'm getting grumpy and hard to please in my old age...lol
I put it down to being spoilt by all the great motorcycling roads around Gippsland...  :thumbsup  :grin

Dragonstaff:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on October 03, 2023, 10:11:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Williamson on October 02, 2023, 05:23:51 PM --- Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

--- End quote ---

While these might be a good ride, Mildura (which would also entice a few of us) would be even further. It might be good for an overnight or long weekend though.

--- End quote ---

I rode to Mildura (on the way to the Worlds End Rally back in the late 80s) and found the trip so boring I've never been in a hurry to ride that way again!
I feel the same about much of the western district of Victoria so riding to an RTE over in that neck of the woods doesn't excite me at all...
I put it down to being spoilt by all the great motorcycling roads around Gippsland...  :thumbsup  :grin

--- End quote ---

I have to agree that the roads up here are a bit boring. Long straight stretches, and not many corners.

STroppy:

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on October 04, 2023, 06:55:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on October 03, 2023, 10:11:54 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I would suggest an RTE up in the Victorian Alps . . Bright, Beechworth, Mount Beauty, Mount Hotham? Great riding roads!

--- End quote ---

I have to agree that the roads up here are a bit boring. Long straight stretches, and not many corners.

--- End quote ---

Bodø:

--- Quote from: Williamson on October 02, 2023, 05:23:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bodø on October 02, 2023, 09:20:36 AM ---I guess it's about time to to get this rolling.  I've got a list of places I would like to check out but here's a few that may tempt a few croweaters over the border.

* Lake Wallace Hotel, Edenhopel
* Royal Hotel, Snake Valley
* Eureka Hotel, Rainbow
* No animals were hurt in making this list but I did steal some of Williamson's dots.  :nahnah

--- End quote ---

Don't think they're my dots, I've done a stock take and mine are all there.

Re. your suggestions, I'll refer them VORTEC (Victorian Organising Ride-To-Eat Committee).  Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

On the other hand the Royal Hotel, Snake Valley will be fine.  This will fit in nicely with the 2024 Royal Tour, which has been floated as a theme for the VIC RTE's for next year.

:thumbs

--- End quote ---

I spotted a Royal Hotel at Rainbow today.  It didn't look like it was open as an eatery though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version