Honda ST1300 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1300

clutch hydraulic fluid quantity

(1/3) > >>

Wheelbarrow:
Can somebody please advise how much hydraulic fluid the clutch system takesin a ST1300? - The manual seem to not indicate.

Biggles:
Would it be reasonable to suggest filling the reservoir, then pumping the system to distribute it until fluid appears at the bleed valve (keeping the reservoir topped up)?
Then bleed the system, aiming to end up with the fluid half-way up the visiglass.

Wheelbarrow:
Yea but how much fluid should I buy?

saaz:
A 500mm container should be plenty to do the clutch and the brakes, with some left over to do a car as well.  I tend to put the whole lot through as no use keeping a half full container as it gathers moisture.

simo:
My clutch fluid is just below the lower level line on the reservoir. I want to top it up and not sure what to buy. Is it ok to buy normal brake fluid (dot 4) and top it up, or does the fluid have to be replace?

Also, at some stage I will need to replace the brake and clutch fluid. Is it possible to do this without bleeding the system. I was under the impression I could purchase a vacuum pump and cycle the new fluid through the system so as not to let air in - is this correct?

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version