Author Topic: My little trip to Inverell  (Read 1325 times)

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
My little trip to Inverell
« on: September 19, 2012, 08:30:42 AM »
  Had bike packed and Wendy and I on the road by 10am. Through Manilla, stop to let out morning cuppa in Barraba, lunch beside river in Bingara and on the road to Copeton Dam. Only had one 'moment' when came around a corner to find a pothole repair with loose stones right on line, ran wide as no traffic coming and continued to the park to book in. The Copeton road has a few ordinary patches of tar, with numerous cattle grids, wandering stock and causways, but it evened up the wear on the sides of my tyres. Great to meet the members of this fine group, (had to have a lie down to rest my joints and missed the photo!) enjoyed the meal and the laughs and a comfortable bed. Sunday morning packed and said good bye and as I turned onto road remembered had the room key in pocket so did another lap to return it. Topped up fuel and off along the Gwydir hwy to Delungra, turned left to Bingara where we had the best coffee I have tasted for a while at the restored Roxy cafe, through Barraba and Manilla to a late lunch at home. Great weekend, great company, good roads (mostly) with bugger all traffic and 554km on the clock. When is the next RTE?

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
Re: My little trip to Inverell
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »
 :wht11 py

Good on ya Steve it was good to see you again. And back on the machine as well.

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
Re: My little trip to Inverell
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »
Nice little write up mate :thumb
I’m glad you had a good time :runyay
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)