Author Topic: Cb fitted, help now needed  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Simmo50

• ST Legend
Cb fitted, help now needed
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:28 PM »
Ok I've fitted a oricom cb  radio.
I now obviously need to be able to listen and talk through helmet somehow.
What do I need . Preferably not Bluetooth. And cheap as possible. Would also like to be able to listen to music.
Advice appreciated. And if anyone has the parts even.better

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
Re: Cb fitted, help now needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:57 AM »
Which model Oricom ?

If you don't want Bluetooth your Motorcycle options are Starcom or Autocom....

Dale at DMME did have a wired budget UHF pack that had a headset, PTT on the bars and directly wired into the radio....but this won't give you music of of course.

:beer
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Simmo50

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »
It's a oricom uhf 300 micro.  Does dmme stand for?

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
You could have a chat to OzSToc member / supplier of communications to the masses DaleMcLean  :thumbs :rockon
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »
In the early days, I was going to go for a wired setup for the UHF, but decided that all the wires needed was too hard. To make a lead that just connects to the helmet, isnt too hard, but sourcing suitable mic and ear bits was difficult.

Now with the great battery life available for bluetooth devices, its the way to go. Along with being able to connect to you UHF, you also have the advantage of connecting to GPS, Phone and passengers (Ok, so that isnt necessarily a plus), and even bike to bike comms. Wiring this stuff up is easy, as the majority of stuff needed is in the kit.

P.S, Sena gear is the way to go in my opinion, a wired setup isnt realy going to be much cheaper.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »
What Brock said. I was originally hard wired. After I went to Bluetooth, I wondered why I ever bothered with the wires.

Cheers,
Gary

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline Simmo50

• ST Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:09 PM »
I've had a Sena in the past. But how does it connect to a Jud radio.  It's not bluetooth

Offline Simmo50

• ST Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:53 PM »
Should be uhf radio

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 09:57:59 PM »
You use the Senna SR10 module, plug it into the radio. You also connect the PTT switch (I use the high beam flasher) to the SR10. Works very well
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
My Garmin 660 GPS pairs with my Sena 10 headset.  If I want to use the Sena SR10 module, can both of them be paired to the headset at the same time?
One Ruby Mk1 I ran the Uniden and Garmin through a Starcom but I'd like not to have to wire all that up on Ruby 2sday.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
My Garmin 660 GPS pairs with my Sena 10 headset.  If I want to use the Sena SR10 module, can both of them be paired to the headset at the same time?
One Ruby Mk1 I ran the Uniden and Garmin through a Starcom but I'd like not to have to wire all that up on Ruby 2sday.

It sure can....

Our Sena SMH10's are connected Rider to Pillion to start with then my phone (phone, music & GPS) to mine, Pockeys mobile (phone & music) to hers. We can then play our individual music or music share to each other which is our prefered.

The SR10 Bluetooth module is wired through the bike direct to the UHF Radio on the bars and also connects to my helmet. It's this module that makes your UHF radio Bluetooth.

The SR10 can be either worn on your person along with the portable radio as it has its own battery but most tend to have SR10 and UHF (Portable or Mobile) bike mounted and bike powered.

There are a couple of Bluetooth mobile UHFCB's on the market now as well as a plug in module for a number of handhelds.....I don't know how the PTT would work on a motorcycle though ??

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:57:58 AM by ST2UP »
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Online Brookester

• Brookester
  • ST Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 06:06:48 AM »
I have run the SR10 Adapter for gawd knows how many years. I run UHF, Phone, Garmin660 that has all my music, all into the SR10 then that is what is paired to my helmet. If I have a pillion can either pair direct to me & they can have own phone/music or pair through SR10 and share
One day you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted so do them NOW!!!
Remember there are 7 days in a week and Someday isn't one of them!

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
 The SR10 has multiple audio inputs.

You can also pair the phone to it and then it to your helmet. In this configuration the SR10 can give priority to the Phone and then CB then music.

I used mine with the PTT button which can with it on the left handle bar at the front so I could use the left forefinger to operate it. Some like to use the thumb AndI tried that for a while and settled on the forefinger.

Cheers,
Gary

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »
Cheers,
Gary
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
https://www.sena.com/product/sr10/

Yep- have been looking at that but couldn't see my answer there.  Your idea of routing everything through the SR10 is good. 
Chris- how does that work with the intercom- does the music come through from the GPS to yours, then you can converse with the tap of the toggle?  Do you have Pockey's paired only to her phone and your headset?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Online Brookester

• Brookester
  • ST Legend
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »
Remember with Sena you can set it to voice activation (VOX) so no need for pushing toggles
One day you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted so do them NOW!!!
Remember there are 7 days in a week and Someday isn't one of them!

Offline Simmo50

• ST Legend
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
So I managed to get a sr10 and a Sena smh10 from one of the guys from this site.  Everything set up now , works fine.
I really wanted to us the switches on the right handlebar (police ones) as a ptt switch. Is this a possibility. Info would be appreciated

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:54 PM »
The only momentary switch on the right grip is the 1,2,3 awitch at the top. The 3 switch is a monetary, but switches an earth.

The easiest switch to re purpose is the high beam flasher switch. it involves opening up the switch block, and soldering in new wires to run up to the sr10 via a 2.5mm plug. The soldering is a bit fiddly but achievable. dont forget to insulate the existing wires. (Thay can always be resoldered at a later date.

Another option is the Sena PTT switch, and extension cable.
https://www.sena.com/product/wired-ptt-button-for-sr10/

https://www.sena.com/product/extension-cable-for-wired-ptt-button/
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »
https://www.sena.com/product/sr10/

Yep- have been looking at that but couldn't see my answer there.  Your idea of routing everything through the SR10 is good. 
Chris- how does that work with the intercom- does the music come through from the GPS to yours, then you can converse with the tap of the toggle?  Do you have Pockey's paired only to her phone and your headset?

Yes.....well sort of  :whistle and Yes.

I have all my eggs in one basket so to speak... My iPhone is my Phone, Music and GPS (Tom Tom app) mounted in front of me and I'm wearing touchscreen bike gloves.

Phone is connected to my Sena SMH10 with music playing and music sharing to Pockeys helmet. Tom Tom voice interrupts the music when required, although I only activate voice guidance on Tom Ton in major metro areas as I can see the street view.

We just tap to talk, neither of us like the VOX activation. (Pockey snores and uses profanity in her sleep) 

So Pockey has her iPhone connected direct to her helmet to answer calls etc. She can also control the music too from her SMH10 when we music share either way between us....and frequently does if Alice Cooper is played  :-(((

Pockey isn't paired to the SR10 hub and therefore the UHF as she mostly doesn't wish to hear that chatter. The only interruption she gets in Music is if I'm on the phone and we are sharing my music she doesn't receive it until the call ends.....just like me.

:beer
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »
Thanks ST2UP for those insights into all sorts of dynamics!   :grin
Having so much on your phone obviously reduces the complexity but allowing the phone to manage the transactions.

Offline bloodbikes

• Legendary Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
Simmo, you could do what the police do, have a microphone in your helmet, use the passing button as the PTT switch, have a wire from your helmet to the bike ( usually a connection is present on ex police bikes on l/h glove box, by run stop key ) then have an extension speaker on the bike, music could be a problem.

:wht13