Author Topic: Honda CRV  (Read 1059 times)

Offline West Aussie Glen

• old fart
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Willetton, Perth
Honda CRV
« on: November 28, 2020, 08:26:20 AM »
Not ST related but it was a honda. Theresa and I have just driven a Hertz Honda CRV from Perth to Exmouth, about 1,800 kms all up.
Came away with the following thoughts about the vehicle. Things you may not pick up on a test drive but were highlighted during our trip. The GPS/Radio screen was sloped away from the driver meaning it was often hard to read. Reversing with one hand over the screen to see the reversing camera is a pain. My 32 year old Goldwing has a smoother cruise control. The air conditioner was struggling in the Australian heat. There are lots of shiney/chrome surfaces in the cabin for the sun to reflect off. The accelerator pedal is too far away from the side of the foot well and too close to the brake making it easy to have your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time. I did this twice, the first time was scary. The trip details (speed, time of arrival etc) on the GPS are small and in the bottom left hand corner of the screen meaning the driver has to take his eyes along way from the road to read them. As is often the case the car manual covered several different models resulting it being far too big and hard to find the exact information one wanted.
It was a mystery car from https://www.transfercar.com.au/ It was advertised at $1 a day unlimited kms and we could have had it for 7 days. This is the second time we have done this the first was one way Perth to Port Hedland, again $1 a day, 7days max and unlimited kms. For the Port Hedland trip we got a Pajero Sport. Both cars where from Hertz. The thing to watch for is that the excess is $5,500 but can be reduced to $0 for another $40 a day. Of cause you then have to get yourself home.
Glen
Sold
1948 James 98cc 2 Speed, 1969 Suzuki A100-2
1970 Suzuki T250 Hustler, Honda CL100
Yamaha RD250C, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ250
BMW K75S, 78 Yamaha XS11
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, 88 GL1500
99 SE GL1500
In the shed
85 Kawasaki LTD250
88 GL1500 Outfit
08 ST1300