Author Topic: 2021-02-20 Mannum Ride To Eat  (Read 1112 times)

2021-02-20 Mannum Ride To Eat
« on: February 20, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
A change in employment for me since the Ashbourne RTE and later finishes at work meant I didn't leave in the dark.  With another ride organized for tomorrow I had to get my weekly washing done before I left.

When JD returned to Victoria from Western Australia he suggested lunch at the Eagle On The Hill hotel which I had never seen and was pretty sure didn't exist so we ended up going to Hahndorf.  However, Eagle On The Hill is in my new work area and I spotted what was the hotel a couple of weeks ago.  These days it is a private residence but I popped in today for a wee photo.

Earlier in the week a crane toppled in the grounds of Heathfield High School and got mentioned a few times over the radio at work.  Yesterday's shift took me past it and it was still there, so likewise today I popped in for a wee photo.  I didn't expect to find workers there though.

To be honest, a few things have caught my eye working in a new area.  Next stop was to check out Nairne railway station.  I got caught by a freight train in Nairne the week before last.  I think Shillas played this in the Where Is This? thread before.  I'd passed but wasn't ushered into an RBT set up at Littlehampton before this.  Marcello said he passed it in the opposite direction.

Today's selfie comes compliments of Brukunga, because let's face it, there's nothing else to see there.   :Stirpot

It's not everyday you see an unfenced airstrip on the side of the road.  This was at Inverbrackie (also known as Woodside).

I traverse dirt roads from Harrogate through Tungkillo, Rockleigh and Tepko before arriving at Mannum.  John G was the only one to show up on an ST and his two ring-ins meant the Kawasakis were the top dog for the day.  Mind you, there were more Kawasakis at Port Victoria than any other bike too.

I managed to get myself in a group photo this time.  Thank you Chris.

I rode up to the lookout after lunch.  I don't know how many times I've been to Mannum but it's the first time I have been to the lookout.

This was my first run of the new Spotwalla and Bubbler and to be honest I was left far from impressed.  On the way it somehow failed to pick up any points between Hahndorf and Harrogate and completely missed Rockleigh after that.  After lunch the only point it picked up was Woodside despite the fact I spent some time in Mount Torrens and Springhead.  I returned home via Greenhill Road and it got none of that either.

My other tracker on the other hand got all of that.  It only stores a rolling four hours of data so that's why there's nothing before Crafers.  That got deleted as new points got added.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:02:13 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, richo, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Online Brookester

• Brookester
  • ST Legend
Re: 2020-02-20 Mannum Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:04:24 PM »
Great time as usual 👍👍 You should pop over to the New Spotwalla and let them know, Jason can then let you know why 👍👍
One day you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted so do them NOW!!!
Remember there are 7 days in a week and Someday isn't one of them!

Bodø

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »
I'll see what happens with tomorrow's ride.

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:27:17 AM »
Great RR as usual mate, thanks for sharing :hatwave
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Shillas

• SA NatRally 2022
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Better Red than Dead
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
Well looks like you got within metres of our place and where I used to live before that.

Sorry that I had to miss the RTE, looked good.
Shillas :13Candy

CB 125 - long gone
RD 200 - long gone
CB 250T - long gone
XJ 650 - reasonably long gone
XV 750 - reasonably long gone
VN 800 - gone
ST 1100 - recently gone
ST 1300 - In the garage

Bodø

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 04:27:51 AM »
Well looks like you got within metres of our place and where I used to live before that.
Sorry that I had to miss the RTE, looked good.

I did wonder if I would see that distinctive color SUV.

Bodø

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 09:38:29 AM »
For Stinky Pete, I found that documentary on the water pipeline from Mannum to Adelaide that we were discussing at the RTE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrCkMnNgqeo&t=24s

The following users thanked this post: StinkyPete