Author Topic: Special Registrations ....  (Read 773 times)

Offline Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
Special Registrations ....
« on: June 13, 2021, 03:08:47 PM »
A new thread to discuss this and like topics, rather than clog-up another thread.  These quotes from the RTE Silverton thread ...

Not having ridden since about July last year, I thought I should still see if the bike and I still like each other, so all dressed to go and realised bike is unregistered! Going online to register which is usually effective within minutes. 🤞
Done, bike registered until September 2021! Safe to go fo a ride! 😁😁

In VIC, if the rego lapses for three months (or more), the rego is cancelled altogether.  To re-register the bike (or car, whatever), you will need a RWC (~$220 - JD will know), may be some repairs (more $$?), an appointment ($$), rego plate fee ($$), and rego fee ($$).  Even if only for three months, you won't get much chamge outta $500.  And if your only m/c, the Levy.

Gotta pay for Dan-the-Man stuff-ups, and government employee junkets.

I don't know specifics but South Australia has seasonal registrations.  I've never looked into it because I ride almost every day.

We don't have seasonal rego in VIC.  It's only in recent years that VicRoads introduced three and six month registrations, but this only allows you to pay in installments, which when VIC rego fees are at around &700 to $800 per year per motorcycle or motorcar, it helps soften the blow, especially when multiple regos are due at the same time.

Re. special regos, VR recently  announced a clamp down on Club and Charitable Organisation regos, it seems that the system is being rorted - to the tune of around $70M per year.  There was some discussion and outrage on Melb talk back radio on Friday.

I reckon I recognised one of the callers, a Ulysses member who has a few bikes 20 plus years old.  This same person bragged quite loudly and foolishly at one Saturday morning coffee get-together.  He proudly boasted that he had one legit Club rego, a number of eligible bikes and how he would swap the plate around the bikes, and if got pulled over by VicPol they are so stupid he would get away with it.  These little gems of info didn't go unnoticed by the VicPol and VicRoads members who were present at the time.

I'm sure there are a few other stories out there.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: STroppy, Jdbiker

Offline STroppy

• STroppy (Terry - the name on the TeeShirt)
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • CountryMember! Mob 0412499625
Re: Special Registrations ....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 04:55:55 PM »
Can’t help stupid! Or arrogance?
Terry, Canberra 0412499625
Ulysses #22354, FarRider #761
Current bikes 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2008 ST1300
Previous bikes1948 Triumph Tiger 500 Twin - sprung rear hub, 1963 BSA Bantam 175, Yamaha 75cc & DT250, Honda ST1100, 400N & CX500 sports, BMW K100RS & K100 LT, Harley Electra-glid

The following users thanked this post: Williamson, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker