Author Topic: Heading to NZ  (Read 652 times)

Offline SteveR

Heading to NZ
« on: March 30, 2023, 07:08:31 PM »
Hi all, thought I’d pop in here real quick, I haven’t had a chance to be too active in the group since the most recent family addition a few years ago, but I’ve still been checking in and watching the banter from the shadows.

We’re in the throes of packing up our life and sending it to NZ in a shipping container! Heading over to help out in the family farm and support the in-laws through their latter years (because they want to keep running the farm, until they stop running!). Sadly, that has meant offloading all the bikes I sold the two CX’s last year, but haven’t had much interest in the ST, nor any time to tidy it up and get a roadworthy before we head off… I’ve got it listed in a few places, currently at the stage of taking almost any offer on it, so if anyone knows of anyone who might be in the market, please send them my way, I’ve got three weeks left to move it before I have to just walk away and leave it with the house… or insure it on a ‘new-for-old’ policy and push it off a cliff Not a fun position to be in, but here we are… I hope everyone else is doing well
"Not all those who wander are lost"

The following users thanked this post: Wild Rose, ruSTynutz

Offline Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: Heading to NZ
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 07:43:03 PM »
Hi all, thought I’d pop in here real quick, I haven’t had a chance to be too active in the group since the most recent family addition a few years ago, but I’ve still been checking in and watching the banter from the shadows.

We’re in the throes of packing up our life and sending it to NZ in a shipping container! Heading over to help out in the family farm and support the in-laws through their latter years (because they want to keep running the farm, until they stop running!). Sadly, that has meant offloading all the bikes I sold the two CX’s last year, but haven’t had much interest in the ST, nor any time to tidy it up and get a roadworthy before we head off… I’ve got it listed in a few places, currently at the stage of taking almost any offer on it, so if anyone knows of anyone who might be in the market, please send them my way, I’ve got three weeks left to move it before I have to just walk away and leave it with the house… or insure it on a ‘new-for-old’ policy and push it off a cliff Not a fun position to be in, but here we are… I hope everyone else is doing well

PM sent.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Offline denis gibson

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 02:03:02 AM »
Hi STEVE,Denis here. Give me a call. 0407340406.

Offline SteveR

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 05:15:14 PM »
Hi STEVE,Denis here. Give me a call. 0407340406.
G’day Denis, I tried calling yesterday but couldn’t get through, I’ll give you a try again tomorrow

Offline SteveR

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 03:17:31 PM »
Just to wrap this post up, we’ve settled into a nice old place just outside of Te Awamutu on the North island. We’ve got a self-contained sleep-out, and a vacant car port, so if anyone is travelling this way and doing a riding tour, please feel free to reach if we can help with accommodation along your trip!

The following users thanked this post: perthcarpetcleaner, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Offline Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 03:24:09 PM »
Just to wrap this post up, we’ve settled into a nice old place just outside of Te Awamutu on the North island. We’ve got a self-contained sleep-out, and a vacant car port, so if anyone is travelling this way and doing a riding tour, please feel free to reach if we can help with accommodation along your trip!

Good to know, will keep it mind for our next NZ trip.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: perthcarpetcleaner

Offline ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 04:34:43 PM »
Thanks Steve, we're (hopefully) returning to NZ in the next year or two so we may just take you up on your kind offer...

Cheers  :beer

2005 Honda ST1300A

Offline perthcarpetcleaner

• Love to ride Long Distance FR#1089 IBA #69572
    • Stuart emery
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 07:13:53 PM »
Did you manage to sell the 13?
Love to ride Long Distance   FR#1089   IBA #69572

Current Garage
CBF900
ST1300 PA
GL1800

perthcarpetcleaner@gmail.com

Offline SteveR

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 09:47:50 AM »
Did you manage to sell the 13?
Sad to say, all the bikes are gone, and doesn’t look like there will be anything in the immediate future other than an old Suzi MudBug!