Ridden On/Remembrance Area > Ridden on Members

Lis will be sadly missed.

(1/2) > >>

West Aussie Glen:
It is with great sadness that I am posting that Lis McLaren passed away in the early hours of Saturday 13th April.
In October 2011 I flew to Chicago to join a Route 66 motorcycle tour. Two other members were Peter and Elisabeth McLaren. For the tour they were two up on a Harley while I was on a Victory. Early in the trip I learned that Pete also had an ST1300.
As Pete and Lis lived in NSW it was the start of an ongoing but long distance friendship. After being introduced to the OzSTOC family Pete and Lis attended several OzSTOC Rallys. Those of you who were lucky enough to meet Lis at a rally will know what a great lady she was, how much she loved life and how she could brighten up any gathering.
 Unfortunately they were unable to attend Mudgee as Lis was diagnosed with cancer in May 2023. Following treatment Lis's conditioned improved which allowed her to attend the Mansfield Rally and was looking forward to Easter in New Zealand. Lis will be missed by many and my thoughts are with Pete.   
The attached photo was taken on the Route 66 tour and is how I will remember her.

ruSTynutz:
That's really sad news!  :'(

RIP Lis...
Condolences to Peter.

Wild Rose:
RIP Lis

ST2UP:
Thanks for advising us Glen.

Condolence Peter, ride on Lis.

Shiney:
That is very sad news :'(
Thanks for letting everyone know WAG.