Author Topic: When waiting at traffic lights.....  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Re: When waiting at traffic lights.....
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »
Then perhaps I should explain................the last 40 years of my working life was spent first as a sales representative, then as a sales manager, then as a sales director for large colour printing companies. During that period I worked between 10 and 12 hours+ 5 days a week, but never less than 10 hours a day. Apart from travelling between 40 -70 kls to work each day (depending on where I was living at the time) every day involved my driving first to work then from work in to the city of Brisbane or near outer suberbs, calling upon advetising agencies, graphic designers, clients, and such. In addition to this I very often made rush trips to nearby country areas such as Gatton, Toowoomba, Maleny, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, etc. Then there would be trips to outer country areas, Bundaberg, Grafton (NSW) etc. as well as driving from Brisbane to Cairns numerous times each year visiting clients in all cities on the way. I have always enjoyed driving and have been fortunate that I've always had good vehicles to drive. The position I held as sales director (for 19 years) entitled me to be able to choose whatever vehicle I wanted to have......my first choice in this regard was a 300ZX Nissan Turbo.........so driving for me was always a pleasure. Many weekends and hollidays were spent four wheel driving and I made numerous trips up the eastern Queensland coast, the Tablelands and NSW coast.  When you drive as much as I did you soon click up the kls.
Since retiring and moving to Tassie I only clock up about 15,000kls a year in the car and most of that is travelling on country roads. The best part of driving down here is the lack of traffic, and because I live in a country area, the lack of traffic lights, and parking metres are an added bonus. :grin

For the last forty years of my working life I averaged around 50,000 - 60,000 kls each year, and many of those kls were spent in city traffic. :(

[

Couch that is a lot time on the road specially if the city traffic kls were slow ones.
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!