Author Topic: Tool Kit Wanted  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Shane

• ST Legend
Tool Kit Wanted
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
Tool kit wanted for ST 1100
Shane Ingram.

rjstorrie

Re: Tool Kit Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
Did you get the little black bag under the seat?  I bought a spark plug remover from Super Cheap (said for motorcycles) and the darned thing didn't fit down the holes. Check my black bag tool kit under the seat and it had one in there  :fp, worked a treat.

But any hoot, what tools are you chasing?

So far I've used, screwdrivers (big and small, flat and phillips head), allen keys (metric), spark plug remover, Sydchrome socket set 8mm, 10mm, 14mm, 17mm (works so much better), lots of rags, kero, metho and wax, electrical tape.

Rob.

Offline Abe

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • 4D Gang Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:40:22 AM »
Hi Shane,

You could try a bike wreckers, but if you want new tools click on this link, below,
I also get my parts from hdlparts and takes about 3 weeks from ordering to delivery.

These tools are for a 94, you can change the year to yours by using the left columns.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2548083&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1994&fveh=132610

Cheers
Dave
At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:44:56 AM »
I carry the original 1100 tool kit in the right fairing pocket, but the only bits I have ever used are the plug spanner and the spring adjusting tool. I have also some decent wire cutting pliers, quality spanners and 1/4" drive sockets, quality hex drives and screwdrivers. The most important tool in my box is a 12" shifter. Can undo axel nuts, used as lever to lift or straighten bits, hammer and even a snake killer! The original MAY get you out of trouble and back on the road again, but get some good bits to add to it and for servicing at home.

:bl11