Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

Michelin Road Pilot 3 Tyres

(1/4) > >>

zevk:
I just spent 3 hours at Peter Stevens Ringwood, $600 later   :'(,  I now have a pair of new “Michelin Road Pilot 3”  :runyay

I even surprised myself and had the foresight, to request the install of 90 degree valve stems ($30) instead of the original, short, vertical stems were very painful to get at  :||||.

The ride is now smooth, solid and the bike leans into turns with much less effort as the original rear was squared and the front was scalloped on the left side.

(I did get 22,000 km from the pair, which, for such a heavy bike tipping scales at 300 kg, is truly outstanding)   

Their workshop is spacious, modern and clean. My only gripe was the "mechanic” never at any stage (I watched thru the observation deck) used a torque wrench on reassembly of components!  :well

When I returned home, I torqued all the axle pinch bolts, front / rear main axle bolts with my torque wrench and of course they were all VERY loose and off spec...

pix attached

Brock:
How accurate is your torque wrench????

I tested a new one for a friend, and it was way off and couldnt be adjusted into spec...

Marcus:
Nice one. That was a good amount of km's out of the old ones.

From memory there is a tire place in Geelong which give us 10% discount

I think it's listed here somewhere

zevk:
hi brock, its a good quality tool, not china made and brand new so I expect it to give accurate readings, the fact that NO torque wrench was used is my point that dealer mechanics often cut corners...

Cerebral Knievel:

--- Quote from: Marcus on July 05, 2013, 10:04:38 PM ---Nice one. That was a good amount of km's out of the old ones.

From memory there is a tire place in Geelong which give us 10% discount

I think it's listed here somewhere

--- End quote ---

Tyres for Bikes  :grin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version