Author Topic: Advise needed from you guys :D  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
Re: Advise needed from you guys :D
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
Hi Marcus,
Night shift that weekend, Saturday being my 24 hour break.  How about if Couch is home on Sat 25 Oct we ride down and visit him at Nubeena. Can have a look around Port Arthur and Remarkable Caves while we are there.  Will you be about Couch?

I think we have a plan, lets keep it open ended it this stage, I'll contact you guys before then though, see how we're traveling

Offline Marcus

• RTE Coordinator
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »
I gotta say guys, the more I'm looking into Tassie, the more I want to move there.  :think1

Just need to get a job and I'll be sorted, I know by the time I get back my urge will be alot stronger hahaha

Offline Phil.S

• ST Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »
I would very much like to meet up with you Marcus and join Carsten and Couch on that ride but I have just recently had some major surgery and am off the bike until late November, otherwise enjoy your stay in Tassie and I will catch up at the national rally.

Offline Marcus

• RTE Coordinator
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
I'll be at the salamanca market Saturday morning if you want to meet me there Carsten (0409801278) we can head off to couches from there, if that suits you?

Offline Marcus

• RTE Coordinator
Advise needed from you guys :D
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »
Just spoke to Carsten. He'll be my tour guide on Saturday. Got off the boat this morning and turned right towards Stanley. Got to say Stanley is clearly the windiest place on earth. But very pretty nonetheless. After having a coffee at the cafe which only served breakfast food  we headed to strahan. Which is where I am now. Going to do the river cruse in the morning. I was on one bar on the fuel tank as the weight of all the crap the wife packed and soooo much twisties took its toll.  we made it to rosebery lots of places in between with no fuel. The road works between rosebery and zeehan was pretty annoying. Weather is perfect. Kinda happy to see some straight roads between zeehan and strahan, was able to relax a bit.

Offline BigTed

• Was: 2010 ST1300A (Black). Now: 2021 BMW r1250rt
  • Legendary Member
  • Perth, WA.
    • The Nook
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »
Excellent.... just found this post.... I've never been a boy scout, but I like to plan like one.... looking to visit Tassie for the NSW rally in 2017.  :runyay
Rob (in Who's Who)
STOC# 8422

"And yet it moves." - Galileo.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »
I've just planned a week in Tassie for the New Year- all in a tintop, unfortunately.
Covering some of the roads I did in October 2012.
Just saw Marcus' new avatar.  Watched it for a minute waiting for it to resolve into the biggest pizza in Victoria.
Still waiting...

Too many olives.  Hate them!
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927