Honda ST1300 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1300

Where to Buy Moly Paste

(1/4) > >>

Aussieboy:
Hi the Honda Service Manual states that a Molybdenum Paste with >40% Molybdenum should be applied to the spline of the shaft drive each time the rear wheel is removed. Interestingly my Honda dealer, who is not averse to charging me for a service does not have any of this paste (not sure how they have applied it when they should - admittedly the new workshop manager was embarrassed when he couldn't find any in the workshop as he is well aware that it needs to be applied.). I have made many enquiries and been unable to locate any. Other than purchasing from the US and copping a huge postage charge I have run out of ideas. Does anyone out there know where I can purchase some in Australia. The Honda Product is call Pro Honda Moly, this can apparently be ordered in grease gun sized tubes at $56. The splines only need 5 grams each time they are done, so only a small quantity is needed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Biggles:
"Search" is your friend:

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=5553.msg62515#msg62515

;-*

alans1100:
I wouldn't about the postage cost as the price for two tubes posted from the US was still under the cost for one from here.

Aussieboy:
Thanks Biggles,

just ordered the last tube from Hone, was fortuitous as I wanted to get some handlebar risers from them anyway - all fixed with a single order.

Membership has totally paid off in just one day  :thumbs. Hope I am able to help others in the future.

Yorkie:
I have it in 500g tins, my son in law works for mining supply company which stock it, also vitrol o'rings, should never have to replace them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version