Author Topic: Ivans FCE  (Read 1076 times)

atoyot

Ivans FCE
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »
I've had this device installed and recently un-installed it, as it seems to affect the clutch switch voltage, which affected my GIPro Gear Indicator and my MC Cruise. WHilst the MC Cruise worked fine without the clutch interlock wire, I really missed the GIPro, so a test uninstall of the FCE had it back working. I suspect that it changes the voltage through the switch, but I didn't think to measure it at the time.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/st1300.htm

If your ST suffers from a snatchy throttle response, the FCE may help either greatly, a bit, or not at all. Respondents to the below thread on the US ST Owners site show that for about 70% of users, the FCE fixed their problem, but for the other 30%, it made little difference.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?80672-%28FCE%29-Fuel-Cut-Eliminator-for-ST1300-On-Off-Throttle-Issue-Resolved

The worst part of this farkle is that you will need to install some quality connectors in the wires going to your ECU. This is not ideal, but it's the only way the FCE can work, so if the negative of your throttle response is greater than what you see as the negative of cutting your ECU wires and installing the connectors, then it might be worth trying the FCE out.

As this might be a bit hit and miss, I'm happy to "loan" the FCE to anyone who really wants to try it, and if it doesn't work, you can send it back to me. If it does work, then you can keep it and send me $100, living happilly ever after. :grin

The worst case scenario is that  if it doesn't work for you, it will cost a few $ in postage from and back to me, with the result that your ECU will have a couple of connectors in the wires to it (mine does and it doesn't bother me - they are heat-shrinked up and are unlikely to cause any problems).

The best scenario is that your ST will be transformed amazingly, according to the US site.

PM me if interested.

Andrew