Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

Do you still run the original tyre valve stems on your ST1100?

<< < (3/3)

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Wayne'o on July 10, 2018, 11:01:28 AM ---
Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I am glad I asked the question.

Going to drop in soon and find out how much they will charge to fit some 90 degree
permanent steel (?) ones.  ++

cheers and safe riding

Wayne

:dred11

--- End quote ---

The 900 valves on my ST (and some previous bikes) are/were some type of alloy.  Re. fitting, costs will be significant (for wheel & tyre removal and refit), unless you get it done when you are getting new tyres fitted.   There should be no labour charge for the latter, only the cost of supply of the valves - around 30 bucks, as per Johnny's MCAS link.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on July 10, 2018, 08:56:34 AM ---
Since then,  New Tyre = New Rubber Valve Stem, unless you have solid metal stems fitted, which I eventually did on the ST.

--- End quote ---
The local car tyre dealer swaps the tyres over for me and new valves and new tyres are the norm for cars and they do the same for me. This time though they put a standard length valve on the rear rather than a shorter one.

I have thought about the right angle ones but not sure if they need to be replaced with a new tyre or not. I do have the screw on ones (one in bike) but haven't used them in years.

Air pressures are checked at home and it's more of a hassle to move the bike to gain access to the valves more than it is to screw on the air line from the compressor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version