General Category > General Discussion

ADAS is Crap...

(1/9) > >>

ruSTynutz:
I was talking to one of our members at the RTE at Buxton about issues with emergency braking/lane assist in new cars and coincidently John Cadogan released a video on that very subject a couple of days later...

The worst thing about every modern car (Hint: It's 'ADAS')

I read my fair share of new car reviews and quite often there are complaints about some of the "so called" safety features in modern cars and how they either don't work properly or decide to work at the most inappropriate of times.
Most of the people I've come across usually turn off lane keeping assist as it can be too intrusive but, unfortunately it is turned back on when you restart the engine...which is obviously a pain in the bum!

All I can say is I'm sort of thankful our cars are a few years old so come with very few of these "safety features"...  :thumbs

Brock:
There are lots of complaints from the Isusu/BT50 fraternity with lane assist and braking assist. Its not great off road when the car thinks there is an obstacle in front and brakes go on..  Lane assist is an annoyance, but if you use "INDICATORS" (BMW and Merc drivers are unaware of there use), you can change lanes without the car fighting you. The worst case is when dodging a sudden object in the way, and the cars fights the urge to doge it.

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Brock on December 11, 2023, 12:12:22 PM ---The worst case is when dodging a sudden object in the way, and the cars fights the urge to doge it.

--- End quote ---

Even things such as potholes which are hard enough to avoid at the best of times! :||||

Brookester:
Just turn it off under vehicle settings

ruSTynutz:
If it was a simply a switch you needed to hit to turn these things off it wouldn't be so bad but many cars require you to dig deep into the settings to turn them off which is obviously a pain in the butt (especially when you're in a hurry) and then, of course, even if you do go to that effort, the moment you restart the engine you're back to square one with them back on again!  :cuss

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version