Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

Heated Grips

(1/5) > >>

ruSTynutz:
When I bought my ST1300 it had Oxford heated grips already fitted...
They had been working okay but recently I noticed if set at 75% they would turn off after a minute or so.
This got me thinking about buying a new set as they can be picked up on eBay surprisingly cheap.

While doing some research I came across another brand (Whites) that attracted my attention as they don't have the separate temperature controller like the Oxfords and look much more OEM.
The Whites controller is built into the left hand grip and comes with 5 heat settings. A different colour led indicates what setting it's on.

Now I know the Oxfords are supposedly the beez kneez but I really liked the look of the Whites Heated Grips so I ended up buying a set...

Stay tuned for a review once I get around to installing them... :thumbs

CallMeSteve:
 :popcorn

Bodø:
When I bought the Versys and asked for heated grips the bike shop said forget the Kawasaki ones and go for Oxford ones.  Mine don't have a percentage setting but have six settings.  I've never had any issues with it.

StinkyPete:
I do like the look of the "Whites" as I'm a fan of useful and low visual impact accesssories.

ruSTynutz:
Cheers all... :thumbsup
I did notice in the specs that the "Whites" don't draw as much power compared to the Oxfords and from reviews I've read they don't get quite as hot either.
I don't think that will bother me as the Oxfords were pretty damn hot on the 100% setting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version