Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

Mounting My GPS

(1/14) > >>

ruSTynutz:
I'd been going to mount my Migsel dash mount and GPS for ages now but was thwarted last year when I had a few health issues.
Fast forward to this week and I thought I'd better get stuck into it and this is the result...

Not liking the idea of using a ram ball and socket arm to hold the GPS I had a brain wave and figured I could use the ram ball
threaded hole in the Migsel dash mount to fasten my homemade mounting bracket to it.

With the GPS tucked back under the screen I figured it would also be out of the worst of the weather.

Instead of stuffing around trying to find an accessory point to tap into for power (and not wanting to pull off the fairing) I made
use of a cable that was coming straight off the battery that the previous owner had installed.

Obviously I needed to be able to isolate the power when the bike was shut down so I installed a switch inside the right-hand pie warmer...

Pretty happy with how it came out...  :thumbs

The mount I fashioned out of aluminium

The bracket was mounted using the existing ram bolt hole

Working out where to mount the 12v to 5v converter and cable routing

Making use of the mounting screws to keep the cable neat & tidy

The isolating switch fitted inside the right-hand pie warmer

The Finished product

NTRebel:
Not bad Rusty I wish I had your brains instead of the pile of sawdust I've got up top. :grin :grin

ruSTynutz:
At least you have sawdust, there's just mostly empty space in my head!  :rofl

StinkyPete:
That's a really uncluttered looking mounting job, and I'm a fan of that simple and tidy look.   Well done.   :thumbsup

Jdbiker:
Nice work Rusty, looks really neat :thumbs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version