Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 General Questions

Fuel consumption meter

(1/2) > >>

BM Brian:
If this is covered elsewhere please feel free to abuse me, I have an issue with my Fuel Consumption Meter it used to read in litres per 100 km now for some obscure reason (or I possibly did something) it reads in km per litre, I have tried the ECU reset by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins but no luck, what did I do and how do I fix it, many thanks,

Bm Brian

ruSTynutz:
Hi Brian...disconnecting the battery will reset things back to factory settings.

It's a simple change back to l/100k once you know how...

This from the ST Manual:

Cheers  :beer

BM Brian:
I tried that but it persists in Km/L, is 30 mins enough to reset the ECU or should I leave it longer

Williamson:

--- Quote from: BM Brian on August 14, 2023, 09:57:17 AM ---I tried that but it persists in Km/L, is 30 mins enough to reset the ECU or should I leave it longer

--- End quote ---

I've only needed to reset the display to l/100km after a flat battery, or disconnecting a battery terminal, never needed to reset the ECU to get the l/100km display.  Rusty's instructions are correct, although I think you need to have it the correct mode when holding FCD button. Correct mode (I think) is when the display is not showing km/l or ave.

BM Brian:
The ghost of Honda-San is at work, for some reason it has reverted back to l/100km without intervention, but at least it's working, I am wondering if it may be a voltage fluctuation or aliens

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version