General Category > General Discussion

Memorial Service for Saaz

(1/13) > >>

Lionel:
Saaz (John Nagle) was cremated in Perth and his ashes are now in Canberra.

A memorial service for Saaz is to take place in Canberra on Saturday, 7 November. We know that the Snowy ride is also scheduled for 7 November. The two events do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. The service is planned to start at 12:00pm until 1pm. This will provide sufficient time for Saaz’s friends at the Snowy Ride in Thredbo to ride to Canberra, participate in the service and return to Thredbo in the afternoon.

Nevertheless, the “tyranny of distance” will prevent many of Saaz’s friends attending the service. I invite these people to post below, any farewell messages to Saaz. These will be displayed at the service and passed to the family. Similarly, please post below any photographs of Saaz that you would like others to see. There is no need to re-send the ones that have already been posted.

It is to be a simple service, one that allows Saaz’s family and friends to say farewell to him and to celebrate his life. There will be an opportunity for a representative from FarRiders and OzSTOC to participate in the “Eulogy”.

The actual venue is yet to be confirmed and will be advised on the various Forums (Fora for Biggles) once the booking is made. We are hoping to secure a venue that will allow people to mingle and have lunch together after the service. We need the venue to have sufficient parking for cars and bikes, and a flexible dress standard (FarRider/OzSTOC shirts). We probably shouldn’t wear Hawaiian/loud shirts although Saaz would see the funny side if we did.

Venue Details:

Here are the details for Saaz’s Memorial Service.
Date: 7 November
Time: 12 pm to 1 pm
Address: 49 Jerrabomberra Ave, Narrabundah ACT 2604
Parking: There is plenty of parking on the service road adjacent to the club

Wake: Details of the wake will be provided at the Service.   

ST2UP:
Thank you Lionel  :-++

Would you like a show of hands here in this thread for attendees ??

Lionel:
Yes please. That will be helpful.

Sicman:
Due to having a roster that is confirmed a month out I will be unable to attend as I will be working

StinkyPete:
I'm keen to attend, and dependent upon getting my bike back after driveline repairs.  It will be touch and go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version