General Category > LONG DISTANCE RIDING, Proper preparation, Safety and Tips

IBA Australia - new website

(1/4) > >>

tj189:
From Mike Kneebone, President, IBA:

To the IBA members and Long Distance Riding Community in Australia,

To better serve our Australia members, and better align Australia with other world clubs, for example, IBA Germany, IBA Finland, IBA UK, etc) we have undertaking a series of upgrades to web sites, the Australia area of the IBA forum and member service management.

IBAAustralia.com - revisions

For the newly revised Australia web site, please visit
ibaaustralia.com   As always, we will of course still support
FarRiders as we always have, but we need to have some key people take over the vast amount of communication we receive here that needs to be answered with local knowledge and some long-awaited specialty products dedicated for Australia IBA members only.

IBA Australia forum - moving to new Forum Web software!

For the new forum, please sign up at forum.ironbutt.org - which is MOBILE FRIENDLY - a great upgrade, along with numerous fixes and changes to forum software.  The old forum will NOT port over, but will be available through at least December 31, 2019 when our database and software licenses lose support and/or expire. At that point, we will download the posts to text files, and convert some classics to html format.

IBA Australia Management Team

As I mentioned, to better align Australia closer to the operation of other world clubs, we are appointing Trevor (TJ) Evans to act as lead of a great team of IBA members.

Other key members of the new Management Team include, Karl Pirchmoser aka Skidoo and Allan Hegelund aka Hagar.

The teams main goals are to:

a. provide local support and knowledge for IBA riders both here and overseas

b. to foster the excellent relationships currently shared with our Australian IBA members and other motorcycle groups involved in Long Distance Riding.

c. develop specialty Australia based long-distance rides (for those on the forum, this is nothing new, they have been working endlessly on a very cool series of SaddleSore 1600K rides and more the last two years and the revised web site gives us a way to better share those Australia specific rides.

d. answer the demand for an IBA specific ride to eat meeting.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write me or, since I am so backlogged on IBA world email I do need some time to reply, or please feel free to contact Trevor directly at tj@ibaaustralia.com for quicker answers.

Mike

Abe:
Congratulations TJ on being the Team Leader.  :thumbs you have a great Team with you.

It's already in my calendar and route planned.

tj189:
Cheers Abe  :beer

Lionel:
Well done TJ et al.  ++
Looking forward to 1 Feb to join the new-look Forum.

alans1100:
Congrats TJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version