Honda ST1100 Section > Fuel & Fuel Additives ST1100

Fuel Problem need HELP

(1/2) > >>

Pat Mcrutch:
The problem was when we went for a ride the other day the bike ran fine till it got down to about 1/4 of a tank right on 300k's, (Been that low before), it started to loose power then onto 2 cylinders so pulled over and turned it off after a few min's tried to start it but rough and on 2 so sat there for about 15 min's then pushed it to top of the hill (not far thank heavens) rolling down I clutched it and onto 2 for a bit then onto 4 and never missed a beat till we got to town 60k's away  fulled up been fine since, it was a very hot hot day.
Any ideas on what the problem maybe and how to fix it, I've only had to bike for a few months so I've ordered fuel & air filters.
Wayne   

Gadget:
Wayne. 1100 or 1300?

Brock:
The next time it happens, try opening the fuel cap and see if that helps. some times a vacuum builds up in the tank, so fuel cant feed.

Gadget:
Old vehicles used to get "vapour locks" in the fuel line on hot days.  The fuel would turn to vapour, and this prevented the fuel pump from getting suction.

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: Brock on February 05, 2016, 06:43:51 PM ---The next time it happens, try opening the fuel cap and see if that helps. some times a vacuum builds up in the tank, so fuel cant feed.

--- End quote ---

To prevent the vacuum as fuel s consumed, there is a breather hole that you can see on the left side underneath the fuel cap.   Squirt a bit of RP7 into the hole and blow a puff of compressed air down the hole.   If the RP7 runs out of the breather hose under the bike, the breather is OK and no vacuum should occur.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version