Honda ST1100 Section > Fuel & Fuel Additives ST1100

Fuel Problem need HELP

<< < (2/2)

Pat Mcrutch:
Sorry it's an 1100, and I did release the fuel cap but did nothing

Brock:
My bike did that a couple of times. After the engine has died, it takes a little while to get started .

The problem may lie in the vacuum operated fuel shut off valve. Bypassing that can help. Sometimes they develop a pin hole leak in the diaphram so the valve shuts off. Usually happens when overtaking, or sitting at 110 Ks on the freeway when in the middle lane. I.E. at the most inoportune time.

Pat Mcrutch:
Thanks for all the replies, I've taken them on board, at the moment I'm waiting for fuel and air filters to arrive then I'll take it apart and do it all at once I'm hoping one of these things are the problem as I'm thinking that if it's the fuel pump being the problem like most of the net sites say it's going to be very costly.
Wayne

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Pat Mcrutch on February 09, 2016, 10:34:08 AM ---Thanks for all the replies, I've taken them on board, at the moment I'm waiting for fuel and air filters to arrive then I'll take it apart and do it all at once I'm hoping one of these things are the problem as I'm thinking that if it's the fuel pump being the problem like most of the net sites say it's going to be very costly.
Wayne

--- End quote ---

It's not all that difficult to access and there are second-hand ones around.

Brock:
The simplest thing to try is the vacuum switch bypass. Costs nothing, no parts needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version