Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

Reserve suppy

(1/3) > >>

keel:
Hello everyone

I've read one of the previous post about the fuel tank capacity and the fact that the tank is in 2 sections.  Now what's confusing me is that the Honda manual calls this second tank the "Reserve Supply".

Does this mean there is a switch between tanks to flip over to the reserve?

I'm asking this because a couple of months ago I left the house and the gauge was reading 2 bar and within 1KM of my house it ran out of petrol.

Keel

Brock:
No switch, there is no reserve as such, just a warning that there is about 5 litres left. On the 11oo, an orange light comes on.

keel:
Cheers Brock

In my mind a reserve tank suggested 2 different tanks with a switchover.

I think there might be something wrong with my gauge  as yesterday I filled up when it was showing 3 bars and I only managed to get 14lts into it.

I'm just going to set the trip switch and when it hits 450KM look for fuel.

Keel

tding:
The ST1300 has the fuel tank in two parts the main tank that you see and a sub tank under the seat. The two tanks are connected so that the fuel gravity feeds the reserve tank this is where the fuel pump is.
The fuel gauge sender is in the upper / main tank. When main tank is empty the last bar on the fuel gauge will blink indicating that you are now on reserve tank (approx 5lts). When less than 5lts (on reserve) the fuel consumption meter will automatically change to distance to empty but this is based on current fuel consumption so distance will change between up and down hill, I usually press the function (FCD/H) button once to change this to display the amount of fuel remaining (only available on reserve) volume is estimated from fuel consumption. less than 2lts left it stops counting.
More detail on pages 20/21 of owners manual .
 :blu13       

cravenhaven:
2 bars should give you up to 150km at normal operating temperature (and riding). When the fuel level is very low and you have had the battery disconnected, the computer can get quite confused and unreliable so this may have been the cause of your problem.
Remember also that a cold engine will use fuel at a lot higher rate than when it is up to operating temperature. I had a similar experience years ago when I arrived home with the gauge telling me I had more than 50km to empty, but the next morning I got about 100metres and it stopped :(.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version