Honda ST1100 Section > Fuel & Fuel Additives ST1100

Oil level on a st1100

(1/2) > >>

zl4dlu:
HI everyone,  this may sound like a stupid question BUT  what's the trick with checking the oil level ?? Start then sit for a minute and have a look ?? .

Thanks in advance. Dave

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Brock:
On the centre stand, the oil level should be between the two lines on the sight glass. I have found that on the sidestand, the level will be at or slightly below the bottom line.

The running of the engine, wait ten minutes then check is for after the oil change. It means the oil is pumped through the galleries and filled the filter.

alans1100:
I don't bother running the engine if I'm just checking the oil since all the oil as already drained back from the last use.

zl4dlu:
When I  have a look ,say before a ride , the window is clear ..no oil at all .thing is its only just had a service from shop .once started and left to settle for a minute or two the oil level is past the top mark . ???

St1100 Dunedin .Nz

Brock:
If you are looking when the bike is on the sidestand, then the oil settled, it is probaly just below the bottom line, after running, the residual oil is still running down over the window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version