Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

ST1100 Manual

<< < (2/4) > >>

Drabs:
Thanks Brock. I checked the overflow hose to the reserve tank and all good. With the radiator cap on and engine warmed up any revving causes bubbling in the reserve coolant tank. I didn’t think this would be acceptable. Wondering if I’ve done a head gasket

Brock:
That is possible, a compression test could show that. Even making up an adapter to screw into the spark plug hole that would allow compressed air to be fed in to the cylinder could test for that.

Yorkie:

--- Quote from: Brock on August 10, 2018, 09:13:03 PM ---That is possible, a compression test could show that. Even making up an adapter to screw into the spark plug hole that would allow compressed air to be fed in to the cylinder could test for that.

--- End quote ---
That is the easiest way to blow a head gasket or oil seals, i know from experience

Brock:

--- Quote ---That is the easiest way to blow a head gasket or oil seals, i know from experience
--- End quote ---

Only using maybe 15 PSI, not 100

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Drabs on August 10, 2018, 08:59:03 PM ---Thanks Brock. I checked the overflow hose to the reserve tank and all good. With the radiator cap on and engine warmed up any revving causes bubbling in the reserve coolant tank. I didn’t think this would be acceptable. Wondering if I’ve done a head gasket

--- End quote ---
Also possible to have a cracked head which could be repairable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version