Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

I'm Tired of Tyres

(1/10) > >>

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Biggles on October 26, 2017, 02:05:49 PM ---Must be an improved version, because so many people have had bad experiences that they call them "Dunflops".
I know the Michelin PR4GTs on the ST1300 are fantastic, so if the Dunlops are better I need to try them.
I test-rode the black ST1300 for a mate the other day and almost ran over the first roundabout, being used to my ST loving the lean and flick. They were original Bridgestones with 7500 (and the front with only 1000 kays left on it).  It's a 2010 bike, so they will have gone hard.  Horrible feeling!

--- End quote ---

The PR4 GT rear has let me down.  Only around 15k and it's shot, kaput, kangaroo edward (rooted), booked in to Bairnsdale (on the way home from Wooli) AM tomorrow for a newby.  Noticed that it's badly scalloped, with lots of wear in the centre and RHS, been worried since Orbost.

This will be rear tyre no. 4 with only 35k on the the 2011 (bought new in 2013) ST1300.

Running it at 44psi, perhaps I'll try 46psi ........ or more, or ride a bit slower.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Williamson on October 26, 2017, 10:46:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Biggles on October 26, 2017, 02:05:49 PM ---Must be an improved version, because so many people have had bad experiences that they call them "Dunflops".
I know the Michelin PR4GTs on the ST1300 are fantastic, so if the Dunlops are better I need to try them.
I test-rode the black ST1300 for a mate the other day and almost ran over the first roundabout, being used to my ST loving the lean and flick. They were original Bridgestones with 7500 (and the front with only 1000 kays left on it).  It's a 2010 bike, so they will have gone hard.  Horrible feeling!

--- End quote ---

The PR4 GT rear has let me down.  Only around 15k and it's shot, kaput, kangaroo edward (rooted), booked in to Bairnsdale (on the way home from Wooli) AM tomorrow for a newby.  Noticed that it's badly scalloped, with lots of wear in the centre and RHS, been worried since Orbost.

This will be rear tyre no. 4 with only 35k on the the 2011 (bought new in 2013) ST1300.

Running it at 44psi, perhaps I'll try 46psi ........ or more, or ride a bit slower.

--- End quote ---

No!  I won't ride slower.

Biggles:
Or try 42 psi (290 kPa).  Works for me! Front and back.  Never had one fail before it wore to the wear bars.
But then I only weight 74 kg...    :whistle

DavidP:
Wow , that isn't long... over 20k on mine, and starting to scallop (44psi usually, bit more in rear 2 up).  Only weigh 84kg, but we were >550kg all up to/from Nat rally, and lots of twisties (worn to 1cm from edge)  Think another 5k still left in the with my normal highway commute. 

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

alans1100:
I'd be happy if I got 15k out of a rear; usually anything between 8 and 10k and running at 44/45 psi and mostly two up riding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version