Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

The Michelins are about to move up another notch!

(1/2) > >>

Biggles:
The Road 5s are coming, kiddies.  They're dropping the "Pilot" designation, but they're still the next gen PRs. 

Read all about it:

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/michelin-road-5-announced-available-january-1-2018.html

STroppy:
Interesting . . Difference in lap times for the varying brands is to me a very subjective comparison . . Very difficult to replicate all the conditions when testing with different track conditions and possibly different rider mindset . . Same rider different track conditions . .

Also I wonder what tyre development boffins really do . . Such a simple change and it has taken 50-60 years to get there? . . Maybe more a marketing ploy? Yes I am a cynical old bustard . .

Cerebral Knievel:
Just because you're a cynical old bugger STroppy doesn't mean you are wrong  Wot thuh
One thing you can be sure of - they will be hideously expensive.   

Biggles:

--- Quote from: STimpy on November 21, 2017, 06:22:45 AM ---Just because you're a cynical old bugger STroppy doesn't mean you are wrong  Wot thuh
One thing you can be sure of - they will be hideously expensive.   

--- End quote ---

The four marques of the PRs have been similar prices to other good tyres.  Only Shinkos have been noticeably cheaper.
While $450 for a pair of tyres is the same as I pay for four for the car, there's obviously more tech in the manufacturing.

Cerebral Knievel:
The last set of PR4's i had fitted was over the $500 mark  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version