Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

STrangler's coffin box trailer

(1/2) > >>

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13 :dred11
Her is my new Camper Trailer that I recently purchased from Ben aka Me-3 way up in Atherton. Its a beautiful trailer to tow thanks to the way Ben has spent the time to set up. My firST trip with it was to tow in home 2600odd k's and it didn't even create 1 wobble/weave and I wasn't taking it easy. After only 3 or 4 k's I was able to juST ride and forget it was there. I camped in it on the way home and its very comfortable, electric lid makes it so easy to set up in about 5 mins. I'm going to add a solar panel and a 12" TV mounted to the inside roof and then I can juST bugger off when I want.  I'm going to get lots of use from the coffin box as it was aptly named.
I muST say 'Thank You' Ben for doing an excellent job getting the power battery, fridge and electronics all sorted with weight diSTribution prefect.

Lorien Vale:
Hey Johnny that sounds great. What sort of mileage did you get towing as compared to not towing?

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13 :dred11
I wasn't really watching my fuel consumption on the way up to Atherton but I did get over 500k's on 1 tank I remember.
After picking up the coffin box, Ben said he usually fuelled up after 350k's. My first tank when towing it home I fuelled up after 420 k's and after that I didn't really watch my usage as I wasn't really riding with conserving fuel on my mind, I was having too much fun on STrangler enjoying the ease in which he towed the coffin box on back highways thru Queensland.
Now that I have had my initial fun getting home I will be just cruising and conserving fuel on my next trip to see just how far I can travel per tank.

Williamson:
Nice looking unit there Johnny.

:thumbs

What's the dimension of the trailer (length, width, kg), and then tent (L x W) when set-up?

Shiney:
The Coffin Box and STrangler look awesome mate :clap :clap :clap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version