Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

STrangler's coffin box trailer

<< < (2/2)

Biggles:
I deduce you sleep in it while it's hitched to the bike.  Does that feel stable when you're in bed.  Similarly, I'd imagine you'd need to be careful how you climbed into and out of bed.  Be sure to take the keys inside with you.  Might be a rude awakening if someone rode off with you in the cot!   :eek
Looks like a great arrangement. 

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Biggles on December 05, 2017, 07:54:43 PM ---I deduce you sleep in it while it's hitched to the bike.  Does that feel stable when you're in bed.  Similarly, I'd imagine you'd need to be careful how you climbed into and out of bed.  Be sure to take the keys inside with you.  Might be a rude awakening if someone rode off with you in the cot!   :eek
Looks like a great arrangement.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't like to sleep in the Elite Camper with it still attached to the ST.  It wouldn't seem stable enough, even with the rear stabilisers extended as it doesn't have a front wind down jockey wheel fitted (I have bought one, but it still sits under the garage bench).  It only has a flip-down, lock-in front stabiliser which can't flip down when attached to the bike.

A close look at Johnny's coffin, and I can't see either.  I wouldn't like to sleep it in attached to the bike.  Show us some close ups Johnny, and I might change my opinion.

The above is premised on sleeping solo, if I have company and get lucky (nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean), ALL stabilisers would be needed.

:law  :law  :law  :law  :law  :law 

Okay, I'll be off to the naughty corner for a bit.

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13  :dred11

--- Quote from: Biggles on December 05, 2017, 07:54:43 PM ---I deduce you sleep in it while it's hitched to the bike.  Does that feel stable when you're in bed. Looks like a great arrangement.

--- End quote ---
Bill I have 2 caravan STands for under the rear and the trailer has a wind down front leg so its really STable, I don't have to worry if I move around inside or when getting in/out,  the bike doesn't move at all when set up. And Nobody is going to ride off as I'll put on my disc lock when I set up. and the keys will be inside with me.  :thumbsup

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13 :dred11

--- Quote from: Williamson on December 05, 2017, 06:33:41 PM ---What's the dimension of the trailer (length, width, kg), and then tent (L x W) when set-up?
A close look at Johnny's coffin, and I can't see either.  I wouldn't like to sleep it in attached to the bike.  Show us some close ups Johnny, and I might change my opinion.

--- End quote ---
The tent is as big as the coffin box 2mtrs (L) x 1.2 (W)  kgs I'm not sure, one day I'll take it too a weigh bridge and see.  :thumb
and overall length from hitch is 3mtrs :grin

See pic above.

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
 :blu13
--- Quote from: johnnyYTED on December 05, 2017, 09:43:03 PM --- :blk13  :dred11

--- Quote from: Biggles on December 05, 2017, 07:54:43 PM ---I deduce you sleep in it while it's hitched to the bike.  Does that feel stable when you're in bed. Looks like a great arrangement.

--- End quote ---
Bill I have 2 caravan STands for under the rear and the trailer has a wind down front leg so its really STable, I don't have to worry if I move around inside or when getting in/out,  the bike doesn't move at all when set up. And Nobody is going to ride off as I'll put on my disc lock when I set up. and the keys will be inside with me.  :thumbsup

--- End quote ---

:blu13 I would love one of those trailers, looks great :thumbs :thumbs Maybe would be very interested after my Holidays and am back from Philippines  :think1 :think1 :grin :blu13left

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version