No Parking Zone! > Hobbies outside of OzSTOC

My Hobby - Knitting

(1/3) > >>

alans1100:
I have two knitters that are set up and at least four in their boxes. I have only ever bought three while the rest were donated. I have sold a couple of items on e-Bay

Pictures say it better

This the second one of these and I bought it in August 2016. The first one wore out after 25 years. It's my main knitter and is plastic and 150 needles.

This one isn't mine and I just needed a picture to show what my other one looks like. It's mainly metal with 200 needles in each bed. I inherited this one from mother in law via sis in law who couldn't work it. I did buy an early version nearly 30 years go but this one is better.

At the moment I'm playing around with hats - made a pink one for Heather

Brock:
My Father had one of the second one, we never worked out how to make it go, it was faster for Mum to break out the needles...

StinkyPete:
When I started work, one of the other teenage blokes I was working/training with was a hand knitter.   He would sit knitting at lunch time, and turned out beautiful cable knit jumpers, and other fantastic items.   I hardly know anyone that knits these days, but my daughter and daughter-in-law both crotchet all kinds of stuff.

Chops:
Growing up with four sisters I was taught to knit but did not have the patience to finish anything
My first mother in law ( I was lucky enough to have two) had knitting machines and turned out some  great jumpers for me

STeveo:
My mum had the second type and made some wonderful jumpers, one of which I still have and wear sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version