General Category > Interesting Links

Motorcycle Licence Recommendations for Improving Safety

<< < (2/2)

ruSTynutz:
Sorry about responding to such an old post but I had a bit of time on my hands what with this coronavirus thingy so was doing some browsing... :whistle

--- Quote from: Biggles on February 01, 2018, 04:58:53 PM ---I don't like Pete's idea about making car licence aspirants get a m/c licence first.  For one thing, 90% of their parents wouldn't allow it!

--- End quote ---

I'm with Pete in regards to getting a bike licence first... :thumbs
As for parents not allowing it, too bad, if they want their little darlings to have a car licence they'd have no choice!  :grin
I know it's never gonna happen though but I can dream...

I've always thought that having to have a car licence first before being able to get a motorcycle first (as the mugs in Queensland require) was ridiculous...
What part of driving a car prepares you for riding a motorcycle???  :OldMan

PC:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on March 20, 2020, 04:24:13 PM ---

I've always thought that having to have a car licence first before being able to get a motorcycle first (as the mugs in Queensland require) was ridiculous...
What part of driving a car prepares you for riding a motorcycle???  :OldMan

--- End quote ---
Well I had my daughter and son on dirt bikes at an early age so there ability to ride a bike was not a factor when they wanted to get there bike licence first . However I advised them to get there car licence first  Spend 12 months on the road and observe the driving behaviour of some cage drivers observe and become aware of speed zones look at the road and become confident with reading it . Taught them about target fixation and to practice avoiding pot hole and bumps by not looking at them . In general I told them to drive the car like they were riding a motor bike
I may be a mug and I may have been ridiculous but I felt that when my children did get there licence and started road riding they were far more aware of there surrounding and felt they were a lot safer than if I had of shoved them on a bike with a L plate first up
That’s why I feel driving a car can help to prepare you for road riding on a motor bike
How ever it does stuff all on teaching you how to actually ride the motor bike

ruSTynutz:
Okay, I concede there may be SOME benefit...although, I reckon the requirement of getting a car licence first is more about discouraging people from bothering to get a motorcycle licence at all. Only the really keen riders will persevere, in my opinion.

I'm surprised the other States haven't followed Queensland's lead though, especially Vicroads... :well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version