Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

Towing my Bike

(1/5) > >>

Sulkybear:
Hi all I would like to hear people's opinion on towing my bike behind my car with the equipment pictured below. Are they good, are they bad, can I do long distances using it. Has anyone used them any information would be great.

Thanks

Sulkybear

West Aussie Glen:
Interesting idea. My first thoughts are that it needs to pivot up and down as well as sideways which I don't think it does.

Biggles:
I deduce the little ramp folds up.  But then do those tiny front wheels travel at highway speeds?  They are far too small to do more than walking pace.  I hope they're just part of the loading structure, and are removed for travel.
The "up and down" pivot would be the bike's front wheel.

Marcus:
It's one of these things... Looks interesting
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TMS-800-lbs-Motorcycle-Trailer-Hitch-Carrier-Hauler-Tow-Towing-Dolly-XR50-Rack/173126635948?epid=8013943608&hash=item284f26d1ac:g:L4AAAOSw6lRabkgf

Biggles:
OK.  I see on that advert the rig without the ramp and wheels.  Now I wonder how the "up and down" movement works when the bike is tethered to the car by those straps to the handlebars.  Obviously it works, or they wouldn't be selling it.  AU$135 plus $54 freight from USA seems fair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version