Honda ST1300 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1300

Thicker oil

<< < (2/3) > >>

NTRebel:
Except all the mexicans. :grin :grin :grin

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Brock on June 23, 2018, 06:38:27 PM ---The important thing is that the oil meets the Honda required spec,
--- End quote ---
If you go by that then just use everyday car oil which was that was available when the ST1100 was designed in in the late 1980s.

A high detergent oil that exceeds API service classification SE, SF or SG - even cheap black and gold oil exceeds that these days.

--- Quote ---Generally in Oz, we dont require the 10W oils as we dont have temps below zero, but do reach higher temps.

--- End quote ---
Some of us do get temps below zero this time of the year; at least overnight. -2C here overnight for the last week except for last night where we had a heat wave with 1C.

I now use Castrol Active 4T 15W-50. I used to use a 10W-40 but it's not available in their mineral oil; for that I'd have to go to their synthetic at double (almost) the price for no perceived benefit.

redrider:
Is the 10tenths racing 15 ok for running in eng and gearbox combined.was under the impression it was used just for car engines.

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: red rider on June 26, 2018, 08:50:42 PM ---Is the 10tenths racing 15 ok for running in eng and gearbox combined.was under the impression it was used just for car engines.

--- End quote ---

You'll see on the bottle that it's rated for wet clutch motorcycles.

redrider:
Thanks for that mate.l will actually give that oil a go now.thanks everyone else for your inputs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version