Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Comms and Audio

Uhf

(1/4) > >>

Joso:
Spent a couple of hours this morning with Dale McLean while he fitted the uhf to my ST1100 what a great bloke knows his stuff did a great job am over the moon a big thanks dale very much appreciated can highly recommend him

ST2UP:
A new member of the 10-4 Good Buggie Brigade  :hatwave

Some years ago we agreed upon Ch.13 as the OzSTOC channel.....I think because Ulysees picked Ch.14.

Just a recap for those with UHF's

Ch.1 to Ch.8 are repeater channels

Ch.5 Duplex is the Emergency Channel (IF you have a Ch.5 REPEATER available in your coverage area)

Ch. 10 - 4WD Channel (started as the Simpson Desert channel and expanded)

Ch.18 Caravan/Touring channel

Ch. 29 Pacific & Bruce Hwy (Truckies Channel)

Ch. 35 Emergency Simplex channel (Not monitored regularly or routinely)

Ch. 40 Truckies channel (everywhere but Pacific/Bruce Hwy)

Ch 41 to Ch.48 are Repeater channels on the new 80Ch radios but Im not aware of any 41-48 repeaters yet.

;-*

Bodø:

--- Quote from: ST2UP on July 21, 2018, 06:53:01 PM ---A new member of the 10-4 Good Buggie Brigade  :hatwave
Some years ago we agreed upon Ch.13 as the OzSTOC channel.....I think because Ulysees picked Ch.14.
Just a recap for those with UHF's
Ch.1 to Ch.8 are repeater channels
Ch.5 Duplex is the Emergency Channel (IF you have a Ch.5 REPEATER available in your coverage area)
Ch. 10 - 4WD Channel (started as the Simpson Desert channel and expanded)
Ch.18 Caravan/Touring channel
Ch. 29 Pacific & Bruce Hwy (Truckies Channel)
Ch. 35 Emergency Simplex channel (Not monitored regularly or routinely)
Ch. 40 Truckies channel (everywhere but Pacific/Bruce Hwy)
Ch 41 to Ch.48 are Repeater channels on the new 80Ch radios but Im not aware of any 41-48 repeaters yet.
--- End quote ---

I've never really given it much thought until reading this but as a result of this post made me read up more on this.  Quite an interesting read, but why do they use a different channel on the Bruce/Pacific highways?

Gadget:
There are places on both the Pacific and New England highways where trucks could hear road reports for the other highway.
Too avoid confusion, the New England is on 40 and Pacific on 29.
They swap back to 40 around the start of the freeway into Sydney and around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area. (Unless it's changed recently)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yorkie:
In the West we use 50 as the Ozstoc chanel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version