Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

New Tyre

(1/9) > >>

alans1100:
New rear Bridgestone of some type fitted today over at Northern Motorcycles in Port Augusta.

Looking at the code on the receipt it maybe a BT54 which I thought were long dead; cost $270 fitted.

However the RH exhaust clamp is a no go. It's rusted and broke while tightening the bolts. New one ordered and they'll post it when it arrives; cost around $30. Have the old clamp at home so I can remove the bolts; fairly expensive it seems.

No difference in the exhaust note so the clamp may have just been sitting there not doing anything. There's always been some back firing which could be caused by cold air getting in at that point when you back off the throttle.

Not sure what was on the back but I did see Road Pilot on the side wall while checking out for the leak.
The bike shop in Mandurah fitted an Angel ?? on the front.

Skip:
Will be interesting to see how you fare with the Bridgestone. I didn't find they wore very well. The Pilot Road is a Michelin which a lot of us are running on the 13's. I got 28,000 out of my last rear PR4. The Angel is a Pirelli I think.

alans1100:
The previously mentioned RH exhaust clamp that was ordered arrived today and rather than the bike shop post it we're riding over in the morning and hopefully it can be fitted if we hang around for awhile; bike has to cool off anyway so we can wall over the hill to KFC.

I took the old clamp down to the tyre place in town and the bolts were successfully removed and some anti-seize stuff applied. Have no idea how the clamp and bolts have been treated and I couldn't budge them which is why I took them when getting fuel for tomorrow's ride.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Skip on August 10, 2018, 02:23:37 PM ---Will be interesting to see how you fare with the Bridgestone. I didn't find they wore very well.

--- End quote ---
So far it's done around 8,000 km with and estimated 2000 plus of life yet. It will need replacing after the border run.

West Aussie Glen:
A hammer, a section of scaf tube and some gentle persuasion mean that you don't need to take the RH hand muffler off to remove the axle  :grin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version