Website Info > Website Questions & Suggestions

Having connection troubles with this Forum site? Read here.... PC Users

(1/6) > >>

Diesel:
There have been a few issues resolved in the last few days with regards to troubles with running this website - so what used to be a problem for you, may not be any more.

If you are still having connection problems or connection errors, there are a couple of things to try from your end to help.

The main 3 reasons for connection problems that come from YOUR computer are:

1. The usual internet connection probs - (internet service provider probs, your modem needs a reset, restart your pooter etc)
2. Firewall settings - (trusted sites, URLs and Domains)
3. Privacy settings - (allowing cookies etc)

I'll briefly go through the 3 main issues so you can check your setting are good to go:

1. Physical connections:
First of all - can you get on to other sites, and are they running at a good speed?
- Yes - go to step 2
- No - a) turn modem off, wait 60 secs, turn modem back on   b) shutdown all running programs, restart computer.
          Did this work?  Yes - all good (remember that this worked for next time)
                                  No  - go to step 2.

2. Firewall Settings
All operating systems/firewalls do similar things - just different buttons to push. This is an overview.

Firstly - turn your firewall OFF for a few seconds and try accessing www.OzSTOC.com - this will tell you if a setting is blocking our site. Do this:
Go to CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY > WINDOWS FIREWALL > TURN WINDOWS FIREWALL OFF

You will get a warning about safety, but we are testing for a few seconds - OK all of this to turn it off.

Try accessing and roaming www.ozstoc.com

Did this work? 
Yes - you have to find the special area in your firewall that allows the DNS connection to http://ozstoc.com   - TURN FIREWALL BACK ON WHEN DONE.
No  - TURN FIREWALL BACK ON - Try turning off your virus protection software for a few seconds and access www.ozstoc.com as it works like a firewall in allowing servers and sites through or blocking them. Still didn't work? Go to step 3.

3. Privacy Settings - allowing cookies
Go to CONTROL PANEL > INTERNET SETTINGS >   PRIVACY (TAB)

You will see a slider control for the internet privacy zone security.
You will also see a button labelled "SITES" click this.

Type   http//:www.ozstoc.com    into the space provided and click "ALLOW"

Do the same for http//:www.ozstoc.org - click "ALLOW"

Click "OK" and your done. Close it all, restart your pooter and post interesting topics and pics for us all to enjoy!

Hope this helps.

Cheers Diesel

Marcus:
I'm on a Mac.
This site is the only one which takes a very long time to load. Getting here to post this for example after I clicked on the link from the email, it took around 30-40 seconds.
It doesn't bother me, I'm just saying compared to every other forum site...I just thought you guys would want to know.

Brock:
Speed of access comes and goes. So its nothing to do with a PC and security settings. At times it takes several minutes just to connect...

Biggles:
Probably just me, but'I'd like to see the emoticon and format menus when I reply to a post, even when I modify my posts would be good.

Malcolm6112:
We seem to have lost all the pretty pictures that we were able to add.
Not happy Jan. I mean Diesel.
I miss my blue ST roaring across the screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version