Honda ST1100 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1100

5 way joiner under seat

(1/2) > >>

rally:
 :rd13 :rd13 :rd13
Heard a lot about the 5 way joiner under the seat getting blocked, and has to be cleaned out with a pipe cleaner etc, what is the outcome when it is blocked???

Rally

ST2UP:
Essentially it starves for fuel....idles but wont rev, F1 light may be on or flickering.

:beer

cravenhaven:
The 5-way connector is under the fuel tank, sitting under the mass of tubes and cables in between the throttle bodies on the 1300.

rally:
 :rd13 :rd13 :rd13
Thanks Chaps,
I know the old story, no light flickering but has anyone really had the bike starving for fuel??? I have a small problem when the bike gets really hot (120kph with a pillion on a hot day) starts a jerking motion when feathering the throttle or on a slight accelleration..??

Rally

Biggles:

--- Quote from: rally on November 02, 2018, 04:25:32 PM ---I know the old story, no light flickering but has anyone really had the bike starving for fuel??? I have a small problem when the bike gets really hot (120kph with a pillion on a hot day) starts a jerking motion when feathering the throttle or on a slight accelleration..??

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a possible symptom of mild starvation.  They're thirsty at 120 with a pillion, so that's when you'd notice it at first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version