Honda ST1300 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1300

05-07-2019 New screen needed

(1/3) > >>

alans1100:
I took Tammie over to Jamestown earlier today and on the return trip had a meet up with a few galahs.

No idea why but a group of about thirty flew across the road and at 110 kph I went through the middle of them. One hit Tammie at about collar bone height and a couple hit the screen with one going between the screen and the black plastic panel with the bird staying these until my speed dropped and it fell away.

When I got home I checked to see if anything was broken and noticed the LH bottom of the screen had disappeared

The screen is a Screen for Bikes one so I might replace with same depending on cost.

Mitch:
Hi Alan if you are insured some companies allow 1 free windscreen claim per year.
                                     :grin :slvr13 :grin

alans1100:
I checked screen coverage with Swann for the 1100 and they don't cover the screen but will cover a trailer while it's being towed.

Over 13 years of ST ownership and never needed to replace a screen except via wear and tear so can't complain; 1st time for everything.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on July 05, 2019, 07:00:32 PM ---I took Tammie over to Jamestown earlier today and on the return trip had a meet up with a few galahs.

No idea why but a group of about thirty flew across the road and at 110 kph I went through the middle of them. One hit Tammie at about collar bone height and a couple hit the screen with one going between the screen and the black plastic panel with the bird staying these until my speed dropped and it fell away.

When I got home I checked to see if anything was broken and noticed the LH bottom of the screen had disappeared

The screen is a Screen for Bikes one so I might replace with same depending on cost.

--- End quote ---

Yikes, very lucky injury, and damage, is no worse.   

I caught a seagull fair and square on the forehead of the helmet riding along Ellis Beach north on Cairns on my TS185 Suzuki back in '75.  Probably only doing 20 or 30km/h, but got me unawares and got knocked on to me bum with fright.  No injury for me (not even pride 'cause no one around to see), but at 110km/h for you guys, could've been a bad result.

--- Quote from: Mitch on July 05, 2019, 07:09:55 PM ---Hi Alan if you are insured some companies allow 1 free windscreen claim per year.
                                     :grin :slvr13 :grin

--- End quote ---

Now that's a good idea.

--- Quote from: alans1100 on July 05, 2019, 07:48:02 PM ---I checked screen coverage with Swann for the 1100 and they don't cover the screen but will cover a trailer while it's being towed.

Over 13 years of ST ownership and never needed to replace a screen except via wear and tear so can't complain; 1st time for everything.

--- End quote ---

Well, I thought so.

alans1100:
I checked Bike-Quip, V Stream and Cal Sci for their screens and only the Bike-Quip one looks ok.

Screens for Bikes had reached their monthly quota and had their quote page shut down, And they wonder why we go overseas ?

Which ever one I go for will have to wait until after the border ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version