Farkles, Gear & Accessories > What have you done in the shed today

alternator problem

(1/2) > >>

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
 :blu13  :'( My beloved ST has after 230,000 kilometers finally had a fatal illness. Upon finding the alternator has failed (normally a reasonable easy fix) has since turned into a freaking nightmare. After removing the parts needed to get to the alternator through the front of the bike, I discovered my motor littered with pink crystal-like substance coating the top of the motor  :eek over time the liquid has leaked from various places in the cooling system and formed a nice pink coating on the top of the motor. Also, the Airbox has had the screws over tightened and resulted in just 2 screws left holding the Airbox together  :o Plug connecting thermostat sensor has bare wires. Hence now I need to delve deeper and find if there are more problems.
Although I am reasonably happy to have picked up a 2008 motor with approximately 90-100,000k from a wrecked  :13Candy  :eek :grin only minus the throttle body... So hopefully with some jiggling and juggling AND time, the blue BeaST will have a younger heart transplant and be back on the road EVENTUALLY :X Currently printing the 638-page manual the assist me as I have a limited knowledge base in my brain at the moment.
So wish me luck guys, will keep you updated.  :blu13left

Sicman:
That will keep you entertained for a while - See you in Summer  :fp :thumb

richo:
An impressive list to go through.  Good luck

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
 :blu13 Well progress so far, Tank, Airbox, Throttle body removed. Also cooling systems including the Radiator. Next remove Alternator, seat adjustment,
 secondary fuel tank and assorted wiring. Then comes the removal of engine bolts enough until ready to remove motor  >:() :think1  :X :grin  :blu13left to be continued...

Shiney:
It is a massive project mate, you and your girl are doing an awesome job, keep it up :thumbsup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version