General Category > Members Health & Wellbeing

Sc0tt's crash in Peru

(1/3) > >>

Sc0tt:
Hi all. A lot has happened since the last RTE Joleen and I attended. We had our Peru motorcycle tour, and I got hit by a bus with 30km to go out of 4,500km! A month in Hospital and 2 surgeries later and I'm back home.

Might be a while before I can make it to another RTE and regale you with my stories.

Regards
Scott

ruSTynutz:
Glad you eventually made it home... ++

Wishing you a Merry Xmas & a speedy recovery!  :Chocies

Gadget:

--- Quote from: Sc0tt on December 23, 2019, 05:34:08 PM ---Hi all. A lot has happened since the last RTE Joleen and I attended. We had our Peru motorcycle tour, and I got hit by a bus with 30km to go out of 4,500km! A month in Hospital and 2 surgeries later and I'm back home.

Might be a while before I can make it to another RTE and regale you with my stories.

Regards
Scott

--- End quote ---
That sounds painful and stressful.

RTE attendance in a car after an accident like that is entirely acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiney:

--- Quote from: Sc0tt on December 23, 2019, 05:34:08 PM ---Hi all. A lot has happened since the last RTE Joleen and I attended. We had our Peru motorcycle tour, and I got hit by a bus with 30km to go out of 4,500km! A month in Hospital and 2 surgeries later and I'm back home.

Regards
Scott

--- End quote ---

Bugger mate, that's horrible news that you were hit by a bus :eek >:()
But Carrol and I are very happy to hear that you are back home and wish you a speedy recovery :thumbs

As Gadget said, you are more then welcome to attend any RTE in a car when you are feeling up to it.

Cheers
Shiney & Carrol

Sc0tt:
Thanks all.

In a wheelchair now.  Can't spend more than about an hour in a car so far.  Still on lots of pain medication.

Accident happened when I was rounding a blind bend on a mountain highway.  A bus coming in the other direction thought it would be a good idea to overtake a truck through the blind corner.  My GoPro was filming at 2 frames a second.  Within 4 frames I saw the bus, hit the brakes and leant harder into the corner, the bus sees me and accelerates and tries to get back into his lane, as I am leaned over and he is merging back into his lane, his rear end clips me and I go down.  Buggered up my left leg and ankle.  Bike was OK!

About an hour laying on the side of the road until the ambulance came.  Another 30 minutes to hospital.  They then straightened my elg and un-dislocated my ankle....all without pain relief!  Fun times. I didn't know I could make those sounds.

Will see how I'm going, but more likely Feb or March at this time.

Regards
Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version