General Category > Interesting Links

Different strokes

(1/1)

Jdbiker:
https://youtu.be/rDJZjdKai24

Biggles:
Excellent!  The weird bike wins.  You sort of expected it was going to happen but couldn't see how.
He nearly lost the rear at one point, which cost him a fraction of a second, but he got straight back into it.

StinkyPete:
It's a great clip, which I have seen before, and now has well over 20 Million views.    The riders on the full on sports bikes would feel like sports car riders being passed by a tractor.  :grin
There are other clips around of a full racing field of similarly designed bikes, so it must be a class of racing that we don't often see.

CallMeSteve:
Not that I’m into racing weird bikes (any bikes) on a track, but the technique of sticking one’s foot out on the corners gives me the heebeegeebees. Sounds like a great way of putting yourself in the market for one of those hand-operated gear shifters.

STeveo:
Actually Steve, the idea of sticking the foot out is so as not to get it caught under the bike if/when you have a slide out.
That is a class of racing in Japan that it heavily bet on (like horse racing but with bikes). There was one of the bikes at the Coffs Harbour bike show in early January.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version