Farkles, Gear & Accessories > What have you done in the shed today

What a dipstick (pipe that is)

<< < (2/2)

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on September 06, 2020, 07:43:29 AM ---Nice work....    I also find that a grider and thick paint can vastly improve a less than perfect weld.   

--- End quote ---

I've been known to use a "filler" to tidy up my poor excuse for welds...  :whistle :rofl

Brock:
CO2 seems better for MIG, but can get a little smoky. Argon wasnt as good but is great for TIG. I own my bottles, and only pay for the refill as I need it. I have had the bottles for a few years, so the economy is there for me.

I made sure that plenty of metal was deposited, cos after about 10 min it soaks into the base metal a bit.. Then just wipe the excess off with a very coarse flappy disc 

;-* ;-*

STeveo:
The amps look ok, just slow down the wire speed. I would have put a reinforcement piece behind as it will crack again at the weld edge. I own all four of my bottles (2 x D, 2 x E) and they worked out at two years rental to own and no more payments after that (just pay for refills).

Brock:
If it breaks again, I will replace the engine tab with a custom tab made from 13mm strap, that will be bent at 90 degrees and weld that to the rest of the bracket.
It shouldnt break again, as there is more metal on both sides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version