Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Lights and Lighting

Aussie Stedi Lights

<< < (3/3)

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: CallMeSteve on January 23, 2021, 10:01:26 AM ---Just wondering, has anyone ever had their LEDs attract attention from Mr Plod?  For the last 2 years I have had a pair of Phillips H4 LEDs up front, and the most I ever get from coppers is a nod or a wave.  Even the NSW copper who pulled me up for rather excessive speed didn’t comment.

--- End quote ---

I guess it's the luck of the draw...You may never get pulled up and get done for non compliant headlights.

My ST had HID's installed when I bought it and I ran them for probably 18 months before I got rid of them as they were crap!
No issue with Mr Plod in that time either but I did cop plenty of warning flashes from oncoming cars as the spread of the light was all over the place.

One issue with installing aftermarket led globes or HID's is the fact that they aren't ADR compliant which then means they are illegal to install and to use on public roads.
Some riders are quite happy to run that risk and never have a problem but, if you have an accident, just be aware your insurance company may very well refuse to cough up due to it being an illegal modification... 

Brock:
A major problem with the LED/HID Bulbs, is that the lenses are not designed for the focal point of those lights. That is the main cause for the weird light scatter. As the light set up is a difficult work area, its very hard to experiment with finding the focal point and modifying the socket to suit.

Williamson:
Is this discussion about LED or HID headlight bulbs?

--- Quote from: Gadget on January 23, 2021, 10:21:32 AM ---I had LEDs for at least 2 years and several stops by Mr Plod for other infringements ...

--- End quote ---

Crikey!  Wadda ya been doing to attract attention?   I can't remember the last time I was stopped by the Police.  Gotta be pre-ST1300 days, that's August 2013.  Or perhaps my memory is getting very poor.

Gadget:

--- Quote from: Williamson on January 23, 2021, 06:34:56 PM ---Is this discussion about LED or HID headlight bulbs?

--- Quote from: Gadget on January 23, 2021, 10:21:32 AM ---I had LEDs for at least 2 years and several stops by Mr Plod for other infringements ...

--- End quote ---

Crikey!  Wadda ya been doing to attract attention?   I can't remember the last time I was stopped by the Police.  Gotta be pre-ST1300 days, that's August 2013.  Or perhaps my memory is getting very poor.

--- End quote ---
:highjacked

:whistle

I'd been a bit enthusiastic on the throttle a few times on long distance rides, and lane filtering a few weeks before it became legal. Got down to 1 point in 4 fines. Back to full points now.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version